So nobody here would ever consider becoming a police officer?

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
My cousin is a cop for HPD (Houston Police Dept.)

First off, they dont make 85k a year at least he dont. He aint broke he does have a real nice crib out in Richmond and drives a clean truck but me and him make around the same salary wise (60-65k) and he's been on the force 10 years.

Also the job is stressful as hell. He's got a bad drinking habit now he says comes from work. Seeing dead babies and responding to wrecks with dismembered bodies can do that to you.

Not to mention a lot of people hate you because of your job so anytime you go to work your life is always in danger. A lot of people we know dont even know he works as a cop because of possible back lash or people asking him to help dismiss tickets and what not. Funny thing about him tho he says he does not chase people he's seen some of his fellow officers get killed trying to be super cops so if you run from him you just got away because he will not give chase lol.

He do pull a ton of women in his uniform tho and he got a cool lil side hustle working security at clubs part time and he's single now so he keep something fine in the bed.

Still the answer to the OP's question is no. I'm cool where I'm at I make a nice salary plus I got a full benefits package and my career path doesnt carry half the stress as a cop.

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
:comeon:
NYPD starts at $34000.

Now nassau county in long island, ny start around 45-50 and more in suffolk. After five years in suffolk you'll be making over a hunnid easy. Its just really hard to get in to. Very limited openings and not much action in long island so they won't die. Very low turnover rate. I'd go to Suffolk county, $100 thou, highway patrol, police charger... ...:youngsabo:

:usure: ??

In the academy you start at 44k, after 5 years base is 69k, 6 months after that it jumps to 90k :bryan:

Benefits & Salary Overview | NYPDRECRUIT.COM

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Not gonna lie I thought about doing it after I leave the military this year. One of my best friends in the APD academy right now...

But the thought of arresting black people day in and day out got me like:sadbron:

So I'm looking into Firefighting....:whew:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
No. Why work to uphold a justice system I believe by nature is corrupt in itself?

If anyone for a second believes that being a cop helps the community, you are delusional and you're choosing the wrong "career" path. Become a drug a counselor, a fireman, a tutor.. hell, fukkin' volunteer on your free time. Not a fukkin' cop, ESPECIALLY if you're black.

I see what you are saying but I have to disagree on this. It's like the lottery: You cant win if you dont play.

Black people have to make sure we maintain some sort of presence in all aspects of this American society you're trying to build if not reshape. Police, Military, government, all of it. You MUST infiltrate the system so you can have access to its resources too.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I see what you are saying but I have to disagree on this. It's like the lottery: You cant win if you dont play.

Black people have to make sure we maintain some sort of presence in all aspects of this American society you're trying to build if not reshape. Police, Military, government, all of it. You MUST infiltrate the system so you can have access to its resources too.

Hmm, I never thought of it like that. That is true.

Ziggy

Ghanaian Queen
Daps
Reppin
Columbus, Ohio
I would do it only if I could be in an affluent predominately black neighborhood. I would have zero tolerance for white trash, meth addicts, etc.

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah.

no matter what you do,

someone is always going to be p!ssed off at your decision.

even if what you are doing is right.

so no.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would do it only if I could be in an affluent predominately black neighborhood. I would have zero tolerance for white trash, meth addicts, etc.

Breh.... This is the worst reason to do it.

Unless you plan on being an informant for the streets but I don't recommendthat neither .

Let me tell you something that I'm sure you know.

No one likes a rat. No one.

So you play both sides and either side finds out or knows.... They won't fukk with you.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I got two friends I went to college with who became Police Officers and that changed my outlook on them some....

But its something I have never been interested in nor thought about doing.

And as much as I love money, I'm not willing to do ANY job just because I came make some extra bread.

I honestly believe I would feel like shyt every morning I had to put that uniform and that badge on :manny:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got two friends I went to college with who became Police Officers and that changed my outlook on them some....

But its something I have never been interested in nor thought about doing.

And as much as I love money, I'm not willing to do ANY job just because I came make some extra bread.

I honestly believe I would feel like shyt every morning I had to put that uniform and that badge on :manny:

The act of being a police officer i have no issues with.

But the policingof the police is wwhere it fails

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the pay all depends on where you live, I know in my city once you graduate from the academy you make like the low 40s, but after the 1 year probation you jump up another 4-5,ooo.