So MGK hates his song Invincible and dissed Alex Da Kid..

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Im just so tired of most of the shyt being put out now, im glad someone on a major label is saying something. ya its not his place and he comes off as spoiled etc for doing it
If he was SOOOOO against it and hates that stuff so much why would he even record the song and perform it? Sounds hypocritical to me not to mention stupid

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
too bad you already recorded it, performed it and shot the vid

tumblr_lr62i6ffXM1qdlkgg.gif

userofherb

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so u sign a 360 deal then complain wen u cant do what u wanna do? :childplease:

mgk does have a point tho i mean not sayin thats the way it should be but this is the way things work in the mainstream especially wen ur with a "dollar signs in his eyes wen he sees u" type of boss.
what bothers me is how naive some of these posters are. dudes have no type of idea how the music industry works and politics behind it. everything is "shuda gone indie, make ur money do pop n then do what u want" ... buncha simple minded pawns. same ones who think rappers really freestyle songs.

all that said this whiteboy still trash.. and he needs surgery on his shapeup bruh, dude got some kinda motorolla M goin on in his forehead. :leon:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland

mgk does have a point tho i mean not sayin thats the way it should be but this is the way things work in the mainstream especially wen ur with a "dollar signs in his eyes wen he sees u" type of boss.
what bothers me is how naive some of these posters are. dudes have no type of idea how the music industry works and politics behind it. everything is "shuda gone indie, make ur money do pop n then do what u want" ... buncha simple minded pawns. same ones who think rappers really freestyle songs.

all that said this whiteboy still trash.. and he needs surgery on his shapeup bruh, dude got some kinda motorolla M goin on in his forehead. :leon:

id love for you to explain how my response was "simple minded" since you seem to know better than me

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

hold up, they actually forced him to sign that deal??

userofherb

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
id love for you to explain how my response was "simple minded" since you seem to know better than me[/QUO

:snoop: smh, who mentioned or quoted u b? im assuming u read my response and felt belittled in some way. where in my post do u see ur name? pretentious ppl wanna make themselves more important than what they r. ur post was actually not bad if u ask me :manny: not as stupid and simpleminded as the others but judging by ur defensiveness thrown my way u seem to be in the same boat.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
And if Puff says "oh that's how he feel? Well let his ass sit on the shelf then" as a result of this, I wouldn't disagree with it in the least. This is not "bucking the system"... it's biting the hands that are feeding you the food that you gladly ate when it was convenient.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
id love for you to explain how my response was "simple minded" since you seem to know better than me[/QUO

:snoop: smh, who mentioned or quoted u b? im assuming u read my response and felt belittled in some way. where in my post do u see ur name? pretentious ppl wanna make themselves more important than what they r. ur post was actually not bad if u ask me :manny: not as stupid and simpleminded as the others but judging by ur defensiveness thrown my way u seem to be in the same boat.

you didint quote me, you quoted what i said. i just wanted to know what you said for the sake of dicussion, other stuff not withstanding.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i dont get the hate for alex da kid. he's been consistently putting out good music for a while now.

userofherb

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you didint quote me, you quoted what i said. i just wanted to know what you said for the sake of dicussion, other stuff not withstanding.

ohh :sadcam:

well u werent wrong with what u stated. but alot of these posters on here still have that mentality like everything in the industry is what it seems and its all that simple (not saying u necessarily feel that way) but its jus annoying wen someone goes "well why dont he do this?" assuming every rapper has pull like jay-z. we dont what was promised to him before he signed or if the man was in a situation where taking a deal like that was the best option he had. or maybe the guy is just an idiot. who knows, but alota these posters dont fall far from that tree.

ol seeing the world in black n white ass nikkas

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
userofherb said:
we dont what was promised to him before he signed or if the man was in a situation where taking a deal like that was the best option he had.
i see what you're saying but it doesn't matter if puff promised him the moon before he signed. what matters is what's written in the contract. i could write up a contract that says you gotta give me your house and then promise you i'll compensate you when i have cash. now i did promise you but wouldn't it be very unwise to sign that contract? the bottom line is that if puff promised him ABC and dude just signed a bad deal and it doesn't have ABC in the contract, that would make him a dumbass.

as far as him being in a desperate situation and signing a deal because it's the best option at the time, that's different but that would mean he knew what he was getting into. how is he then gonna complain about a deal he signed because he's not as desperate as he used to be and the deal doesn't suit him anymore? that's wanting to have your cake and eating it too.

see like others have said, it's 2012, you have the internet, you have rappers constantly warning people about bad deals and watching paperwork closely (both in interviews and in music), people have specifically complained about Puff, and then you're gonna fall for the okey-doke "yeah, just sign here, don't worry about those paragraphs, it's just a formality in the business, you'll still have complete creative control". that's why i don't buy that excuse of promises. dude seems a little smarter than that in interviews.

and signing a bad deal out of desperation basically means he sold out his creative control either for cash or for a perceived shortcut.

kidofthekids

Rookie
Daps
i actually liked that song invincible..i'm a fan of MGK but if he thinks it's a good idea to diss alex da kid because of how the song was put together he's an idiot. he should have dropped invincible, then wildboy, then his album and he might have had decent sales. he has a solid fanbase but for people not familiar with him the little buzz he had is gone and he's been forgotten about...