So Martin Lawrence knows about smilies (lurkin the coli?) :lupe:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Im down for putting money up to create an official app or something.

@cook, @Brooklynzson holla at me and let gets this app popping. I'm sure we can find a programmer here to create it. A lawyer should seriously get on that cease and desist letter as well. That app could blow up if it gets enough traction.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Im down for putting money up to create an official app or something.

@cook, @Brooklynzson holla at me and let gets this app popping. I'm sure we can find a programmer here to create it. A lawyer should seriously get on that cease and desist letter as well. That app could blow up if it gets enough traction.

That app is going to get sued to hell and back for using peoples likeness & copyrighted pictures, it's a quick cash grab.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Im sure gifs would qualify as artwork and could be copywrighted under that classification.

They could be, but they aren't being monetized like that, if that app takes off they got a bunch of celeb pictures right there on their page, it's a wrap for them. Everybody will be coming for their piece, the people that took the pics especially.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
This is why black people don't have shyt. With all the certs up here, this should've been a joint venture between us. How many times did we say "I wish we could put smilies in text messages"? :snoop: But we don't think profitability for the most part. Always the next man making money off of us.

:snoop:

:wow: ....... So true, it was mentioned multiple times up here from day one.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Like @cook said, just take the L and keep it moving. There may be some smilies that were either created or popularized by the Coli, but there's really nothing the Coli can do. You can't get a copyright of a picture of a person's face without their consent. And the app cannot profit off of someone's likeness without their consent. So like @Malta said, they can easily be sued. And probably not a suit for monetary damages, but an injunction from the app using their head/face.

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@3Rivers should just make a app better than that Expresser one, with nothing but remixes. If anyone tries to say he's copying, he could just prove he's been doing this shyt for the longest, and these other nikkas are in fact copying him. :manny:

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
take our L and keep it moving

everyone got upset about a few people from another forum coming over here and now yall want apps and shyt directly linked to us :skip: we'd be invaded all the time with that type of publicity

They were cool too. SMH.

But y'all gotta find a way to capitalize off this shyt. A lot of creative heads on this site. Remix app?

Daps
Most are Boxden smilies. The Obama :success: head raise is the giveaway. I've never seen it used on here.
True but BX has way too many smilies. Some are good, but some are complete :trash: It just seem like them dudes add any and everything. Plus they are inconsistent with the sizes of their smilies :ehh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Brehs stop pulling a Nigerian tag ya shyt
nigerianumad.png

@The Nigerian :pachaha: