So Luke Cage is the 5th most watched Netflix Show of all time?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Real ones watched it but a lot of people couldn't get past the spanish with no dubbing :manny:
I'm surprised DD is so high I didn't even hear about it while season 1 was going on

They renewed it for 2 more season just 4 days after season 2 dropped. This is with it's main draw (Wagner Moura/ Pablo Escobar) being written out. It has got to be higher.

You never heard about Season 1 Daredevil:dahell:, first season got a major marketing push.

Daps
That list had me like:wtf: when I first saw it too. With Fuller House being so dominant and Narcos being so low, but when you look at what's actually being measured....

In its premiere date, September 30, and the five days after, "Luke Cage" has been watched by an estimated 3.52 million adults under the age of 50, according to SymphonyAM, whose app listens to sounds from users' televisions and takes that data to extrapolate viewership.

Those numbers place the newest Marvel show in fifth place after Netflix's original series "Fuller House," the fourth season of "Orange Is the New Black," season two of "Marvel's Daredevil," and "Stranger Things," based on their respective premiere dates and following five-day viewership.

So, first, this isn't real ratings, just that apps tally of viewership and it only tallies viewership in the five days following the premier. So the shows with strong pre-release hype are going to dominate this. Shows like Narcos and Making a Murder gained popularity through word of mouth, so I'm not surprised to see them so low. Many people didn't watch within the first 5 days.

Meanwhile, Fuller House had a lot of hype, i know I watched the first episode when it first dropped. But that was it. I bet that viewership fell off a cliff. I highly doubt Netflix (which has the real numbers) would consider that their most successful show.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
that's funny, JJ was the one I didn't really mess with out of all three.
:yeshrug:
I watched it again after Luke Cage came out. Like OP said, Netflix is focusing on that "real world street level hero", not explosions and all that. When you watch from that mindset it was actually a really dope storyline and character choice imo

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I tried watching it but midway through episode 2 I had to tap out. Like daredevil it's just too damn dry and there's not nearly enough plot to justify the long, drawn out structure imo.

The villain was cool but he's the only character on the show who leaped off the screen. Luke as a main character was boring to me.

But hey I acknowledge I'm in the minority here and the fans are really digging these Netflix shows so it is what it is. Just wish they had a lil more pep:manny:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
wat6rr.jpg

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This has to be of shows rated in the last year or two cause shows like Orange Is The New Black and Daredevil only the most current season is listed. Same as Making a Murderer being so low.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The conversation around it I guess. It's anecdotal, sure, but it certainly seems more immediately popular than at least JJ and maybe even season 1 of DD.
:dwillhuh: You serious breh? You think there has been more water cooler talk around LC than the freshman series of DD and JJ? Were you kidnapped by Isis all last year or something? :why:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
One word: subtitles.

You'd be surprised how many people they put off.

Luke going King Kong with a bytch on the ratings.:banderas:

Breh is not only bulletproof, he's whining White critic proof too :youngsabo:
I thought of this. The average American is so basic it makes my brain hurt.

Prolly never seen a foreign film :snoop: