So Luke Cage is the 5th most watched Netflix Show of all time?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Good to see Luke Cage doing so well :obama:

Although I get why it doesn't do major numbers, Bojack Horseman should have more viewers.

This is only a snapshot of data from one company though, I'm sure the internal numbers that Netflix doesn't release tell a more different story. As long as they keep renewing the shows I watch on the service, I'm cool :ehh:

Black Mirror about to drop in a couple weeks

F is for Family, Masters of None, Marvel shows, The Get Down coming back next year :ehh:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:I want it to but not sure about those numbers breh, it will be more in the ant man thor category
:jbhmm: you sure breh? Ant Man wasn't well known and had a corny gimmick, but was still a good movie and held it's own. Why do you think Panther will do so low?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:jbhmm: you sure breh? Ant Man wasn't well known and had a corny gimmick, but was still a good movie and held it's own. Why do you think Pantehr will do so low?
all black cast (well mostly black) with a heroic protagonist that's not white or funny is not going to draw a crowd. I mean look at thor and hes Aryan and got loki..Ant-man might have been obscure to some but the honey I shrunk the kids effects in 3D was always going to help push it. Panther doesn't have that he might have some momentum from comics/cw now but incredible hulk was pretty popular too when the movie with eddie Norton came out and that did below 400 mill

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:jbhmm: you sure breh? Ant Man wasn't well known and had a corny gimmick, but was still a good movie and held it's own. Why do you think Panther will do so low?
If the trailer and production value is on point, Black Panther is going to do numbers. It'll be closer to Cap 2 because it already has a ton of hype behind it and will be seen as a historic event that builds off from where the last Cap movie left off. it was a perfect hand-off. Ant-Man didn't have that going for him.

There's a strange energy behind BP where even non-blacks are excited about this "Afrikan Batman" character. So yea, if the trailer is on point and the cinematography of their costumes and futuristic sci-fi afrika is A1... it's a wrap.

With that said, it's always some push back from critics about why something wouldn't do well when it comes to black folks (exhibit A: Luke Cage).. until it does well, and then it's just more shade thrown at the next project on deck. So it's whatever :manny:
We'll cross that bridge in 2018 :youngsabo:but for now, Luke Cage in 2016 :whew: