So Knack reviews

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*disclaimer - havent read reviews, so i dont know what they said about the game, i'll give my impressions:*

aight, started playing this last night and this shyt is fun...it has an old school feel to it...also, it's challenging cause it plays more like a straight beat'em up than it does a platformer...dont get me wrong, there are some platforming elements (jump traps, having to do a couple things to advance, etc.) and there are some exploring elements (a lot of hidden shyt to find), but for the most part this is an old school beat'em game....i mean it's linear; has the set cam that you cant control; you have special attacks but you're mostly clearing levels throwing them thangs from the shoulders; and in most cases 1 hit from the enemy and you're dead...not only that, if you dont make it to the next save point, you have to start the whole level over, enemies and all lol....

i can see people getting shocked at how this game isnt as 'friendly' as you may think when you first see it...i know i did...it looks all cute and like it'll be an easy play through....that is until you get hit that first and only time, and you die lol....then you see where you have to start over, get a lil further, and get hit that 1 time again and die; then you have to start over again lol....

overall: i'd recommend this...it's not as easy and childish as they make it look, but it's fun nontheless....

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
To be honest I was watching videos of this game and the way furniture just vanished after being broken up just seems so:flabbynsick:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
*disclaimer - havent read reviews, so i dont know what they said about the game, i'll give my impressions:*

aight, started playing this last night and this shyt is fun...it has an old school feel to it...also, it's challenging cause it plays more like a straight beat'em up than it does a platformer...dont get me wrong, there are some platforming elements (jump traps, having to do a couple things to advance, etc.) and there are some exploring elements (a lot of hidden shyt to find), but for the most part this is an old school beat'em game....i mean it's linear; has the set cam that you cant control; you have special attacks but you're mostly clearing levels throwing them thangs from the shoulders; and in most cases 1 hit from the enemy and you're dead...not only that, if you dont make it to the next save point, you have to start the whole level over, enemies and all lol....

i can see people getting shocked at how this game isnt as 'friendly' as you may think when you first see it...i know i did...it looks all cute and like it'll be an easy play through....that is until you get hit that first and only time, and you die lol....then you see where you have to start over, get a lil further, and get hit that 1 time again and die; then you have to start over again lol....

overall: i'd recommend this...it's not as easy and childish as they make it look, but it's fun nontheless....

that style of game is pretty much the definition of "nintendo hard". there's nothing really wrong with that, but it's not something that's particularly 'innovative' or whatever

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
To be honest I was watching videos of this game and the way furniture just vanished after being broken up just seems so:flabbynsick:

This is like the dumbest shyt that cats try to inappropriately nitpick about in gaming these days. I could see this being an issue in a game trying to be realistic, but no one would bytch at this shyt in a mario game or any game similar, so why the false foul cry here?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This is like the dumbest shyt that cats try to inappropriately nitpick about in gaming these days. I could see this being an issue in a game trying to be realistic, but no one would bytch at this shyt in a mario game or any game similar, so why the false foul cry here?
I laugh about this shyt in every game I see it in.

Takes from the presentation of the game,

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I laugh about this shyt in every game I see it in.

Adds to the presentation of the game,

I get that if your view is across all games, but still, for non-realism games, I don't see the nitpick as being valid. Hell, in the ones that are realistic and don't do it for real only end up doing it anyways with the random glitches, lol.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
I get that if your view is across all games, but still, for non-realism games, I don't see the nitpick as being valid. Hell, in the ones that are realistic and don't do it for real only end up doing it anyways with the random glitches, lol.

Let's be real bruh all current and future Mario reviews get praise for what it achieved in the past more so than the game being reviewed.

Nobody complains about Mario being repetitive (which ithas been for over 20 years)

Nobody complains about Mario being unrealistic and way to easy in the past couple iterations

It's like every Mario game that sticks to the OG formula gets an automatic 8 9 or 10 from Reviews :yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Its actually a pet peeve of mine, takes away from the immersion of the game.

Games should be advanced enough to have the debris from your destruction layed out in your path. Same thing with enemies, they should break apart and the debris should stay there.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Let's be real bruh all current and future Mario reviews get praise for what it achieved in the past more so than the game being reviewed.

Nobody complains about Mario being repetitive (which ithas been for over 20 years)

Nobody complains about Mario being unrealistic and way to easy in the past couple iterations

It's like every Mario game that sticks to the OG formula gets an automatic 8 9 or 10 from Reviews :yeshrug:
This can be said for every nintendo game that comrs out.

But I feel like the core mario games are still better with every release and hands down the best platform games.

Their other series however just get worse every release and still get the classic ratings

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Man I got crucified for saying this in another thread :wow: