So I'm replaying Super Metroid again..

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Would love to see a remake on the Switch. Given today's tech I bet they could really make a modern masterpiece that could push the franchise in the league as their other big sellers. But I don't think Nintendo would allow a RE2 Remake-like reimagining of Super Metroid

Also, Metriod: Samus Returns on the 3DS is very underrated and over looked. Y'all should cop it if y'all don't have it already
That new Metroid on the 3DS is just okay. Game was very repetitive and got boring after a while.

Graphically and control wise it's pretty good. The 3DS hardware limits it significantly.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw, that grimy, pixelated, scary original is 100 times better. No sound is as atmospheric as the original Super Metroid theme song.

The music in the game is composed of 16 bit sounds on 8 channels. It's amazing. But they could only do so much. The remastered versions are live synth sounds with the same programming.

I don't know if you know about using a synthesizer and or programming music in 8-bit/16 bit etc, but you utilize the same filter settings on wav forms with the same combination of patches, oscillators and filters to make the same sounds .

Obviously nes/ snes could only support 8bit/16 bit music but these are the real lush sounds of those instruments in full detail.

I think they've done it because I know there are super metroid and other metroid collection soundtracks, but think of Zelda. They do live symphonies of Zelda in cities all over the US and in Japan yearly. While it's feasible, super metroid can't be accomplished as well with live orchestration. It can be done and can be amazing but you have to have the synth to achieve that eerienesss, creepiness and create that ambiance.

The fact that it's done so well in the game is just a testamate to the composer.

Put this shyt on some surround sound and be immersed.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That new Metroid on the 3DS is just okay. Game was very repetitive and got boring after a while.

Graphically and control wise it's pretty good. The 3DS hardware limits it significantly.
I loved that game, I do agree about the hardware limitation. A Switch port would be great

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps

Put this shyt on some surround sound and be immersed.

That one you posted is coo but it sounds too far away at times. The remake of the Super Metroid Theme song is trash, listen to the grittiness of the original and listen again to the one you posted, it's not close. Certain songs sound better with the decayed grittiness-- that's why we have minimalist sounds and producers-- and the Super Metroid Theme is one of the those songs.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I went on a metroid-vania run over the past year

Beat super metroid twice
Another metroid 2 remake
Metroid zero hour
Metroid fusion

Sotn twice
Aria of sorrow