So if Trump crashes out this election, who would republicans have in 2028?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
If MAGA dies, it'll just be more of the Bush Dynasty

He's half Hispanic, but I doubt anyone is gonna call him Jorge

licensed-image

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Republican strategist know that somebody like a Desantis or a Trump will equal another L in 2028. So they have probably figured out that they need to run a centrist candidate to beat Democrats. Not likely that they are going to be able to find one, but a Northern Centrist candidate could beat the Democrats. The weirdest part is that as goofy as Trump is he helped the Republicans figure out that they could lure a large chunk of African American male voters into their party if they would stop the typical racist extremist crap.

a Northern Centrist with focus on family, stateside job creation, minimizing war, and now that White males are heavily impacted talk about uplifting young boys and to not do so is Left wing Gender Wars (they can even call out the outpacing, suicide numbers, violent crimes, etc.).

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Nimrata will try again

Then America will have to choose between 2 Indian women:troll:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
His base won't care, I just think from a physical standpoint he'll probably be too old to run an effective campaign.

We saw how Biden was struggling and I'm sure he's in much better shape than Trump. All that McDonald's has to catch up eventually.
He’s too old now and he’s still running ….you can never underestimate the ego of a megalomaniac

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I don't believe they will continue to run Trump if he loses in November, whether it's a blowout or close race, just losing to Kamala would virtually terminate the lifeline Trump has, politically. Republicans up top have more power than we think they do; they're just riding that lingering pulse in Trump's political lifeline until it dries up, which is likely to happen if he loses in November.

The only reason why all these MAGAs are still standing behind him is that he still has a little bit of a lifeline left, but that's drying up; once that lifeline is gone, they'll move on to another candidate when it becomes clear that they have no choice or else risk the chance of losing repeatedly to the Democrats and that's something they don't want to happen.

We have to stop this belief that Trump's hold in their party is untouchable or that his voters would seriously sit out if Trump isn't “the man”. It's like I mentioned before in another thread a week ago how as long as the GOP keeps feeding their base with the “saving the country from the Dems, yada yada,” those same MAGA voters will suck it up and ride with a new candidate especially if they have no choice.

From their point of view, the main objective among MAGA/Conservative voters and politicians is preventing the Dems from taking over Washington with their progressive and liberal policies; they're not going to jeopardize allowing Democrats to repeatedly win and win all because Trump ain't the man (candidate). At the of the day, it's all about winning and hindering the Dems/liberals from succeeding.

What a lot of y'all forget is that the majority of these MAGAs were Republicans before 2016 and they're not going to stop voting Red just because Trump isn't the man, they'll learn to suck it up as long as the GOP continues to feed them the whole “saving America from the evil liberals, etc, etc” shtick they've been doing long before Trump came into the equation and watch how all those die-hard Trumpers will fall in line because at the end of the day, from their perspective it's all about preventing the Dems from “taking over”.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a Northern Centrist with focus on family, stateside job creation, minimizing war, and now that White males are heavily impacted talk about uplifting young boys and to not do so is Left wing Gender Wars (they can even call out the outpacing, suicide numbers, violent crimes, etc.).
The Christian Right racist wing of that party has them in a tough spot. They are too extreme. That is why they need a centrist candidate that pulls them away from the religious and race stuff. But they are not going to do it. Whatever happens though they have pretty much lost all women. That abortion and sexist shyt has pissed women off.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The Christian Right racist wing of that party has them in a tough spot. They are too extreme. That is why they need a centrist candidate that pulls them away from the religious and race stuff. But they are not going to do it.

What % do they make up though? I feel Ideally Republicans could steal people who have voted Dem due to Trump, as Elections aside lotta folks feel Dems can be too wacky at times.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What % do they make up though? I feel Ideally Republicans could steal people who have voted Dem due to Trump, as Elections aside lotta folks feel Dems can be too wacky at times.
The Christian racists make up about 50%-70% or more of the current Republican. That is basically all of those Southern States that the Republicans win. Those bigots have began to run off the White suburban women that the Republicans have always counted on.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The Christian racists make up about 50%-70% or more of the current Republican. That is basically all of those Southern States that the Republicans win. Those bigots have began to run off the White suburban women that the Republicans have always counted on.

Got it, they effectively split the GOP in half, I`m just wondering if the Centrist Republicans can aim to gobble Centrist Dems as Dems have a growing divide among themselves (not sure the %) that Trump helped stabilize for the time being.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
it's gonna be glenn youngkin, and a popular governor outta a blue state is gonna be tough

of course, that's if the republican base is smart. but they're a cult of stupid rednecks
I think the dude had zero charisma but he definitely fits the bill of uniting the party.

He’s ultra conservative but has the businessman persona that Romney had.

How he fairs with the MAGA types is up in the air.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got it, they effectively split the GOP in half, I`m just wondering if the Centrist Republicans can aim to gobble Centrist Dems as Dems have a growing divide among themselves (not sure the %) that Trump helped stabilize for the time being.
Centrist Republicans and Centrist Democrats should form a 3rd party, but they don't seem to have any interest in that.