So if Trump crashes out this election, who would republicans have in 2028?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
they have nobody, thats why i've said biden Kamala wins the election no republican will be elected president again in our lifetime. progressive policies will have time to have shown results and the vast majority of the population isn't wanting to go back to incompetent GOP rule.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
0x0.jpg

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Unless the party completely dumps him if he loses, it'll be Trump again. I don't see him not trying to continue the grift, and if they wanna go further into the MAGA rabbit hole it can't be anybody else. It's why Desantis who's a shytty Trump knockoff has no juice, they just want Trump.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Republican strategist know that somebody like a Desantis or a Trump will equal another L in 2028. So they have probably figured out that they need to run a centrist candidate to beat Democrats. Not likely that they are going to be able to find one, but a Northern Centrist candidate could beat the Democrats. The weirdest part is that as goofy as Trump is he helped the Republicans figure out that they could lure a large chunk of African American male voters into their party if they would stop the typical racist extremist crap.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:

Tim Scott?
Vivek?
DeSantis again?

They don't really have anyone with charisma. Trump at least could be funny because he worked in show business for years.

The rock? :ld:
they can't ride the maga wave so vance, abbot, GA governor and dejerkoff are out. Hopefully more moderate politics. Can't take the maga ultra conservatism nonsense and some of the liberal politics irritate me too.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Not even sure. Most "moderate" Republicans have either flipped to Trumpism, been ostracized/exiled to the point where they can't be elected, or have retired or are considering retirement.

They'd need a Lisa Murkowski type candidate to save the party from that MAGA mess and give them some wider appeal.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I hope he runs again. That’s an easy win. Also I don’t think republicans can remove the Trump stink in 4 years. It will literally take a whole generation I think. Especially since they still need his base to vote.

This sounds wild but I think you’re onto something. There was a journalist who mentioned that Trump is akin to cacs who really into the confederacy and what not and that he may have a visible presence long after he’s gone.