So I launched a Kickstarter project...

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when can I cop something, nikka? I'm a muhfukka with a short attention spam, and if you don't jump on this opportunity now, you mite not get ya hands in my wallet

Go head and jump on my link and cop something - purchasing a reward is the same as buying the shirt str8 up - 1 day left!

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 2013 collection looks very dope. Would buy when its available.

Ok cool - Im actually letting people purchase them when the Kickstarter is over, and actually whoever buys a reward from the Kickstarter can pick any shirt or sweatshirt that they want to, 2012 or 2013 - there is no limit...So get it today bro ;)

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
24 hours to go! Love what you see support! Hate what you see, blessings to you anyway!

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't need Kickstarter to raise capital for a venture that's worth investing in. I mean, maybe if you don't know anybody with money, but with the internet that's pretty easy to find. Hell, when I announced MOLLYWATR my inbox on this forum filled up with people wanting to talk. Those conversations turned into people wanting to chip in $2k here and $5k there in exchange for equity (all of whom were turned down, by the way.)

When I announced my idea on Facebook it was the same story. Old college buddies were lining up to invest. I chose one to get the start up money but that's it. Now, I have to routinely turn down money for my venture and all I do is talk to people about it.

If you have an idea worth investing in people will want to invest in it on their own. Hell, people will want to STEAL your idea with money. As it stands, you have hot shyt that I want to buy, but I can't because it's not in your store. And no, I don't want to go through a convoluted scheme to make sure I get it. I just want to go to your store, see the damn shirt with the painted up girl, and I'll buy it. You don't need to give Kickstarter 10% of the sale of the shirt to get my business.

You're looking for $2k? Well, ask around... someone has $2k burning a hole in their pocket. You just need to have something worth investing $2k into... or at least a pitch worth $2k.

Kickstarter is making BANK off of clueless creatives that don't want to work to build a network. Pound the phones, buddy. Get your talk on. Learn how to sell. You'll save yourself money and people will take you more seriously.

Also, look into getting a 7(a) loan:

7(a) Loan Program | SBA.gov

Internet Scam Alert: Most "Kickstarter" Projects Just Useless Crap - YouTube

:nah: Ideas are just ideas, everyone has them. Execution is key....

I hate fashion as a business and most of these "lifestyle" "branding" products because the margins are razor thin....

OP needs to learn how to market/sell and build a cult before he start getting loans. Fashion is too cut throat with too many 'designers' to be just on kickstarter hoping for a hailmary

Get serious about this breh

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I got a name/brand, working on 3 logo options and my research is about 80 percent complete...

I want to have about 10 different items to show on there before I laungh though.

Once I get to the point of launching.... nikkas gonna be like :krs:

And I'm asking for $35,000 :krs:

I'm a use fivver to get a like 5 people to promote/model a few shirts.

I owe still owe the IRS 7k :sadcam: I'm a try to come up. The exposure alone is worth it.

the percentages for success isn't that high for the fashion category. I think its like 24 or 29 percent. I'm gonna go on indiegogo.com as well. At least they let you keep the money even if you don't reach your goal.