So I launched a Kickstarter project...

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I have two friends that want to buy some of these designs but they can't because they're not on your website.

That's 3 sales missed. Meanwhile, you only raised $40, 10% of which goes to Kickstarter.

Oh, and you look like a god damned panhandling BUM on that video. Again:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZ65pUQxyQ"]Internet Scam Alert: Most "Kickstarter" Projects Just Useless Crap - YouTube[/ame]

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would you want to mass produce these shirts? Limited numbers is a better way to build your brand. I think your business model needs a serious rethinking. Good luck, tho.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't need Kickstarter to raise capital for a venture that's worth investing in. I mean, maybe if you don't know anybody with money, but with the internet that's pretty easy to find. Hell, when I announced MOLLYWATR my inbox on this forum filled up with people wanting to talk. Those conversations turned into people wanting to chip in $2k here and $5k there in exchange for equity (all of whom were turned down, by the way.)

When I announced my idea on Facebook it was the same story. Old college buddies were lining up to invest. I chose one to get the start up money but that's it. Now, I have to routinely turn down money for my venture and all I do is talk to people about it.

If you have an idea worth investing in people will want to invest in it on their own. Hell, people will want to STEAL your idea with money. As it stands, you have hot shyt that I want to buy, but I can't because it's not in your store. And no, I don't want to go through a convoluted scheme to make sure I get it. I just want to go to your store, see the damn shirt with the painted up girl, and I'll buy it. You don't need to give Kickstarter 10% of the sale of the shirt to get my business.

You're looking for $2k? Well, ask around... someone has $2k burning a hole in their pocket. You just need to have something worth investing $2k into... or at least a pitch worth $2k.

Kickstarter is making BANK off of clueless creatives that don't want to work to build a network. Pound the phones, buddy. Get your talk on. Learn how to sell. You'll save yourself money and people will take you more seriously.

Also, look into getting a 7(a) loan:

7(a) Loan Program | SBA.gov

Internet Scam Alert: Most "Kickstarter" Projects Just Useless Crap - YouTube

To be completely honest, I do not understand your argument at all. First of all, the t-shirt line is not my 9-5 - the opportunity to raise money is not anywhere as easy as you think it is, regardless of your personal experience - I am actually living the life of someone who hasn't gotten a paycheck since 2009, so I know how to generate some income lol.

Secondly, you seem to be pissed that I asked people to support my Kickstarter, and you think its a scam because they take 2 - 4 percent. Thats rediculous, and I am blessed enough for you to like the design of my shirts, real talk, everybodies opinion matters, but I do not think you are understanding the point of a Kickstarter. It is not to sell shirts. It is to get a boatload of money at the same time in order to produce something in mass. Not to sell 1 shirt. If I wanted to sell 1 shirt, I wouldve asked you to go to my website. If you paid attention, you would see that you actually get more buying from me on Kickstarter than buying a shirt on the website :blessed:

Why? Because having 500 people buy at the same time lessens the cost. What do you not understand about that. The user still gets to pick thier size, color, design, etc. They get everything and more, but are also supporting a company, not just buying the merchandise. Nobody uses Kickstarter to as an online store.

Lastly, you posted a link about Kickstarter being a scam to derail my posting. Kinda like a hating move, especially since the link you posted was to THE ONION. A PARODY WEBSITE. Here is the newest story. Its about the new Iphone coming with pre-shattered screens for teenage girls.

Cmon bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would you want to mass produce these shirts? Limited numbers is a better way to build your brand. I think your business model needs a serious rethinking. Good luck, tho.

Because I have the interest and request to do so. When you recieve 50 orders for a shirt that is not produced, it takes longer and cost more than to pull it from stock when you have a decent amount.

What I am not understanding is how this does not make sense LOL, limited numbers is NOT the best way to build your brand, the best way to build your brand is to get some sales on the streets and get your brand into a local store like Downtown Locker Room or something of that nature.

People you really have to think before you talk about things that aren't your expertise. Or maybe I am the only t-shirt line on Kickstarter :wtf:

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have two friends that want to buy some of these designs but they can't because they're not on your website.

That's 3 sales missed. Meanwhile, you only raised $40, 10% of which goes to Kickstarter.

Oh, and you look like a god damned panhandling BUM on that video. Again:

Internet Scam Alert: Most "Kickstarter" Projects Just Useless Crap - YouTube

Look, I'm not going to argue with you on the internet. The link you are posting is to The Onion. You are an idiot. There is nothing I can say about you - I dont know you bruh. So Im gonna leave it at that. Post another link to MadTV or the Chappelle Show while you are at it :laff:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because I have the interest and request to do so. When you recieve 50 orders for a shirt that is not produced, it takes longer and cost more than to pull it from stock when you have a decent amount.

What I am not understanding is how this does not make sense LOL, limited numbers is NOT the best way to build your brand, the best way to build your brand is to get some sales on the streets and get your brand into a local store like Downtown Locker Room or something of that nature.

People you really have to think before you talk about things that aren't your expertise. Or maybe I am the only t-shirt line on Kickstarter :wtf:

Show me a successful t shirt line that started out by mass producing its shirts. And of course limited numbers builds your brand. Exclusivity increases demand, which makes your brand a viral sensation that people will talk about even when the product is sold out. Smarten up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be completely honest, I do not understand your argument at all. First of all, the t-shirt line is not my 9-5 - the opportunity to raise money is not anywhere as easy as you think it is, regardless of your personal experience - I am actually living the life of someone who hasn't gotten a paycheck since 2009, so I know how to generate some income lol.

Secondly, you seem to be pissed that I asked people to support my Kickstarter, and you think its a scam because they take 2 - 4 percent. Thats rediculous, and I am blessed enough for you to like the design of my shirts, real talk, everybodies opinion matters, but I do not think you are understanding the point of a Kickstarter. It is not to sell shirts. It is to get a boatload of money at the same time in order to produce something in mass. Not to sell 1 shirt. If I wanted to sell 1 shirt, I wouldve asked you to go to my website. If you paid attention, you would see that you actually get more buying from me on Kickstarter than buying a shirt on the website :blessed:

Why? Because having 500 people buy at the same time lessens the cost. What do you not understand about that. The user still gets to pick thier size, color, design, etc. They get everything and more, but are also supporting a company, not just buying the merchandise. Nobody uses Kickstarter to as an online store.

Lastly, you posted a link about Kickstarter being a scam to derail my posting. Kinda like a hating move, especially since the link you posted was to THE ONION. A PARODY WEBSITE. Here is the newest story. Its about the new Iphone coming with pre-shattered screens for teenage girls.

New iPhone Geared Towards College-Aged Girls Comes With Pre-Shattered Screen - YouTube

Cmon bro.

The Hundreds was started with 200 dollars, and now it's one of the biggest (albeit kind of wack) street wear brands. Your entire approach to this is lame and shows me that you need to reassess what you're planning. Also, no hate, but your designs kind of suck and the idea of LoveArt has already been done. You might want to perform some market research before wasting yôur time and money.

Good luck!

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Just go to Kickstarter and type in t-shirts.

And I mean this with ZERO disrespect. Have you ever been on Kickstarter, supported a project, or just heard about it somewhere? Zero disrespect brother.

You disrespecting yourself if you think no ones heard of kickstarter in 2013. Guess what the most pledged projects are? Technology and innovative projects

Your tshirt line is neither innovative nor unique. People like you are actually ruining what kick starters supposed to be about.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo dog can you give me 40,000 dollars so I can start a clothing line with shirts featuring Microsoft clip art and print 1,000 pieces that only 20 people will buy?

:comeon: