So I launched a Kickstarter project...

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ever heard of Kickstarter anyone? It's basically a crowd funding website, where innovators pitch cool products and ideas in all industries, and people fund them if they are good enough - you give rewards and product to the people who funded you if you reach your set goal. If you reach your goal, you get all the money you raised to create your product - but if you don't, all the money is refunded to the "buyers" and you don't get anything :to:

There have been some hilariously bad ideas that get little to no funding:

House Boy the Boardgame by Cheeky Dingo Games — Kickstarter

SAPIENTES: Documentary (A completely new concept of reality) by John Martin — Kickstarter

And some projects where people have raised some out of this world funding:

Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android by Pebble Technology — Kickstarter

So guys and girls, I have launched my own minor Kickstarter video for a t0shirt line I started - so, who better to drop if off to than the Coli - check it out and give me some feedback, hate, or $ lol! Here we go!

MY LINK ----->>>>>The LoveArt Brand: Design Yourself. by Christian Benjamin — Kickstarter

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I remember you posting about this project earlier last year. You may want to link to your online store in this thread.

We would have gone with crowd funding but that 5% service fee made me :scusthov:

How much for the shirt with the paint dripping down the girl's back? That and the Mona Lisa design are the only ones that hit me. In fact, can you post a high rez picture of both? I can't seem to find either on your website.

Oh, and you might want to tighten up that pitch, breh. For someone billing themselves as a branding consultant that was kinda weak...

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
those sweatshirts actually look nice.....

and it doesnt hurt that they match the bred 11's either

5 stars

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Link to store por favor? Ill support. Also set me a pm with the basic background on your brand and what y'all stand for, and ill throw you up on my site

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks guys - the link to the Kickstarter (where I actually need the help to produce the new designs) is this The LoveArt Brand: Design Yourself. by Christian Benjamin — Kickstarter

And the link to the actual online store is here: The LoveArtBrand | The Official Clothing of 12.26 Studios

I would actually prefer people to check out the Kickstarter, because I want to create and order everything in bulk at one time. If I can do that, people can get their orders faster, and we can have a warehouse of items. That's why we don't have the newer designs online yet - they would take too much $ to create as just 1 or 4 pieces.

This clothing thing is much harder than I thought it would be, especially if you want quality.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember you posting about this project earlier last year. You may want to link to your online store in this thread.

We would have gone with crowd funding but that 5% service fee made me :scusthov:

How much for the shirt with the paint dripping down the girl's back? That and the Mona Lisa design are the only ones that hit me. In fact, can you post a high rez picture of both? I can't seem to find either on your website.

Oh, and you might want to tighten up that pitch, breh. For someone billing themselves as a branding consultant that was kinda weak...

Those two are only available through the Kickstarter, since we need to $ to produce!

I wanted the Kickstarter to be lighthearted and chill, filmed it late at night with the Macbook, and tried to kinda copy the style of the other successfull Kickstarter t-shirt line videos!

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Those two are only available through the Kickstarter, since we need to $ to produce!

I wanted the Kickstarter to be lighthearted and chill, filmed it late at night with the Macbook, and tried to kinda copy the style of the other successfull Kickstarter t-shirt line videos!
You'll get more money by just selling the shirts on your own. As it stands, you're taking a 5% hit on every garment sold.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Oh yeah. I've seen scams. A glorious plan with enough science jib-jab so that the average person wouldn't be able to poke holes through your theory. There was this space elevator that would be miles long and because it was miles long, the upper section of the elevator would no longer be subject to the forces of gravity. And it would be connected to the moon. And it would cost millions of dollars. And it had a "NASA" scientist come up with the idea, which was not corroborated anywhere. I can call myself a NASA scientist and no one could validate that or not.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like some of the 2013 designs alot bro, but im not sure if kickstarter is the place to start a clothing line. I mean, the majority of bids go to stupid tech, even if its not gonna bring anything to fruition, people rather dream about the next tech innovation than clothes (atleast there)

illadope

きんが
Daps
Man put your link to the top, for a second i thought you were pushing that gay board game :sadcam:

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You'll get more money by just selling the shirts on your own. As it stands, you're taking a 5% hit on every garment sold.

You actually lose about 9% of the total reward (5% Kickstarter, 5% processing fees.) For every reward, or *shirt sold*, the income is much higher. Remember, shirts are developed wholesale, and the higher the order, the less it actually is. You would strike up a deal with say, American Apparel and your printer, and process a t-shirt for $8.50. You would then sell it for $25 - $30. Of course, the large companies are developing thier tees for maybe $4.00 total, but they are ordering large bulks.

I suck with numbers but a financial analyst is actually part of the team - we can't get got on the $ side! Business tip people - keep that financial analyst/advisor/coach in your hip pocket. I've been running my own business for years with no 9-5 and besides a lawyer, she has been my most important asset.

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
i like this but it says you want to donate 10% to different art foundations.

i think you should have named specific art foundations that you donating to

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
You actually lose about 9% of the total reward (5% Kickstarter, 5% processing fees.) For every reward, or *shirt sold*, the income is much higher. Remember, shirts are developed wholesale, and the higher the order, the less it actually is. You would strike up a deal with say, American Apparel and your printer, and process a t-shirt for $8.50. You would then sell it for $25 - $30. Of course, the large companies are developing thier tees for maybe $4.00 total, but they are ordering large bulks.

I suck with numbers but a financial analyst is actually part of the team - we can't get got on the $ side! Business tip people - keep that financial analyst/advisor/coach in your hip pocket. I've been running my own business for years with no 9-5 and besides a lawyer, she has been my most important asset.
Well, you just lost a sale due to a convoluted marketing scheme. I want the shirt you're selling. I don't want to sign up for Kickstarter or whatever. I want to be able to see the shirt I want, add it to a cart, and then know that I'm getting what I ordered.

:manny:

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, you just lost a sale due to a convoluted marketing scheme. I want the shirt you're selling. I don't want to sign up for Kickstarter or whatever. I want to be able to see the shirt I want, add it to a cart, and then know that I'm getting what I ordered.

:manny:

The website is something I have posted here before, and even in this thread. We do sell shirts online. The LoveArtBrand | The Official Clothing of 12.26 Studios

Kickstarter is not a marketing scheme. Kickstarter involves receiving a bulk of money at one time. When you do that, you can better further your idea, or a t-shirt line, because you buy them in bulk, and buying in bulk further pushes your line and profit margin. Kickstarter is not a boutique or sales tool, it is people funding your idea because they believe in what you are offering, and you are giving them rewards for doing so - it is not just meant to be a point and click sales opportunity. If you want to buy 1 shirt, you can go do that on the website - but supporting the Kickstarter at this point, you get more bang for YOUR buck, and TheLoveArt Brand get the total sales at 1 time, instead of 40 bucks here and there. Why would YOU be concerned about OUR profit margin anyway?

It's pretty simple - i mean check out this successful funding:
Lowdtown - T-shirt Line by Lowdtown — Kickstarter

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
The website is something I have posted here before, and even in this thread. We do sell shirts online. The LoveArtBrand | The Official Clothing of 12.26 Studios

Kickstarter is not a marketing scheme. Kickstarter involves receiving a bulk of money at one time. When you do that, you can better further your idea, or a t-shirt line, because you buy them in bulk, and buying in bulk further pushes your line and profit margin. Kickstarter is not a boutique or sales tool, it is people funding your idea because they believe in what you are offering, and you are giving them rewards for doing so - it is not just meant to be a point and click sales opportunity. If you want to buy 1 shirt, you can go do that on the website - but supporting the Kickstarter at this point, you get more bang for YOUR buck, and TheLoveArt Brand get the total sales at 1 time, instead of 40 bucks here and there. Why would YOU be concerned about OUR profit margin anyway?

It's pretty simple - i mean check out this successful funding:
Lowdtown - T-shirt Line by Lowdtown — Kickstarter
You don't need Kickstarter to raise capital for a venture that's worth investing in. I mean, maybe if you don't know anybody with money, but with the internet that's pretty easy to find. Hell, when I announced MOLLYWATR my inbox on this forum filled up with people wanting to talk. Those conversations turned into people wanting to chip in $2k here and $5k there in exchange for equity (all of whom were turned down, by the way.)

When I announced my idea on Facebook it was the same story. Old college buddies were lining up to invest. I chose one to get the start up money but that's it. Now, I have to routinely turn down money for my venture and all I do is talk to people about it.

If you have an idea worth investing in people will want to invest in it on their own. Hell, people will want to STEAL your idea with money. As it stands, you have hot shyt that I want to buy, but I can't because it's not in your store. And no, I don't want to go through a convoluted scheme to make sure I get it. I just want to go to your store, see the damn shirt with the painted up girl, and I'll buy it. You don't need to give Kickstarter 10% of the sale of the shirt to get my business.

You're looking for $2k? Well, ask around... someone has $2k burning a hole in their pocket. You just need to have something worth investing $2k into... or at least a pitch worth $2k.

Kickstarter is making BANK off of clueless creatives that don't want to work to build a network. Pound the phones, buddy. Get your talk on. Learn how to sell. You'll save yourself money and people will take you more seriously.

Also, look into getting a 7(a) loan:

http://www.sba.gov/content/7a-loan-program

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZ65pUQxyQ"]Internet Scam Alert: Most "Kickstarter" Projects Just Useless Crap - YouTube[/ame]