So I Just Finished Watching All 5 Seasons Of Spider-Man TAS

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
spectaculuar spiderman is trash lol spiderman tas is goat right up there with batman and xmen tas

my school nights from 3-5 :blessed: and saturday mornings
Spider-man threw more punches in one episode of Spectacular than he did in the entire series of TAS
V1OuwZZ_zpsd0eysnhb.png
You better have been talking about Ultimate Spider-Man with that trash comment
b76bKF6_zps9vj39sqr.png

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
:francis: I won't even go into the science of how your first two statements are wrong. I've said enough. Someone else will come with it. But if need be, if @Ironman doesn't handle it, I'll come through with the smoke if you want it
what's wrong with these nikkas breh? :dead: spiderman TAS is beyond garbage outside of the voice acting talent and art style. spectacular is prob a goat level superhero cartoon

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The one thing for me that Spider-Man TAS has over Spectacular Spider-Man was that we got an adult Spider-Man. The majority of the time the character existed he was a young adult and the bulk of his classic stories took place when he was a undergrad in college or in his early to mid 20s. I don't understand the obsession of always focusing on his high school days.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The one thing for me that Spider-Man TAS has over Spectacular Spider-Man was that we got an adult Spider-Man. The majority of the time the character existed he was a young adult and the bulk of his classic stories took place when he was a undergrad in college or in his early to mid 20s. I don't understand the obsession of always focusing on his high school days.

Marvel always wants him to relate to a younger gen so thats why. I get it, I don't always like it but I get it. But even then the storytelling on Spec was more mature than the 90s one so kid or no kid, I wouldn't have gotten a story on the 90s show about Harry possibly being addicted to drugs or shown someone getting their ankle broken by their own father, or another story about a character's gambling addiction. Or a story where spider-man almost used Ock's tentacles to kill a man:russ:

Age of character doesn't always equate to more mature storytelling

the contrarion

You saying I am or you just saying?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Marvel always wants him to relate to a younger gen so thats why. I get it, I don't always like it but I get it. But even then the storytelling on Spec was more mature than the 90s one so kid or no kid, I wouldn't have gotten a story on the 90s show about Harry possibly being addicted to drugs or shown someone getting their ankle broken by their own father, or another story about a character's gambling addiction. Or a story where spider-man almost used Ock's tentacles to kill a man:russ:

Age of character doesn't always equate to more mature storytelling

You saying I am or you just saying?
Yeah I agree with you on that. It's crazy how X-Men and Batman dealt with more serious and mature issues but Spider-Man didn't even though all three aired on Fox Kids at the same time. :russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I agree with you on that. It's crazy how X-Men and Batman dealt with more serious and mature issues but Spider-Man didn't even though all three aired on Fox Kids at the same time. :russ:

Yeah it’s wild. John Semper says standards and practices were tougher on them and he never really understood why. Fox seemed to go to bat for Batman and X-men more. And I guess because Batman was their “prestige” animated show they said fukk it do what you want we got your back.

Also Greg Weisman said he was going to kill Gwen Stacy eventually which is something else the 90s show would never do. It’s why MJ vanished in a portal instead of dying :francis:

Another advantage spec has over it is layered storytelling. The whole Peter/Liz/Gwen triangle was handled really well and in the end they let Pete be the one who was at fault. Other shows would try to skirt that and make the hero look heroic but on this show, he knew it was on him and the show never tried to pretend it wasn’t. There’s an honesty there that I really appreciated as a fan of the character and just as a human being; none of us are perfect not even peter Parker. In the 90s show when something was his fault they normally found a way to get out of it or a convenient excuse for him or someone else would take the fall and that’s just not Spider-Man. In fact it goes against the whole “great power greater responsibility” ethos

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I loved the pseudo 3D web slinging vibes on Spider-Man TAS and The intro music.

I didn't expect Spectacular Spider-Man's intro music to be equal when it was coming out, but it was and is.:pachaha:

On that note, If anyone has both, whether the whole show score or two mp3s of each intro track, KINDLY Pass the Mustard :feedme:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Until I get a show where we get a canon Kaine that gives Peter the beats, Reilly nearly murdering Rhino bare handed, the Kravens putting the fear of God in everyone then I have no favorite Spiderman series.:MauryORly:

@MartyMcFly Bring the smoke:VenoBreh1:
:russ: I want no parts of a clone saga series