So I just finished "Crawl Space" (Breaking Bad) and...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don Draper always wins :smugdraper:

heisendahell_zps5aa71bf0.png

He's actually never won in that category.

Fred.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I've never understood the people who say that season 1 of this show was boring or that they weren't hooked until season 3.
I mean seriously how you could not be hooked by episode one is beyond me, shyt was hype the whole way through and the comedy was on fukking point and then they hit you with episode two and that shyt's the perfect 1-2 combo and then once you/re on the floor they stomp you out with episode 3 and leave you speechless :damn:(Walt's conversation with Crazy 8 is so underrated :lawd:) whenever I put someone on this show I always tell them that they have to watch the first 3 episodes in one sitting. By the time you're done with them you'll be hooked unless you have no taste or are brain damaged :banderas:and the shyt doesn't let up from then on, top notch black comedy, top notch cinematography, top notch drama, top notch character development, top notch themes and symbolism :ahh:the show manages to never have a weak episode or season unlike something like Game of Thrones and stay's true to itself while managing to expand in directions that you'd never expect and make you care for characters like Jesse all the way to Marie:noah:(her acting on Open House was top notch) and take a lovable meat head like Hank and turn him into a brilliant DEA agent who poses a legitimate threat and unlike the police in Dexter doesn't make him seem incompetent, adding dimensions to his character we thought we'd never see with his PTSD, problems post "One Minute" shoot out (best action in the show), and his struggles with his own masculinity. They even made him the perfect anti-thesis to Walt, the parallels are ridiculous :ohlawd:and he's the real man in the family that Flynn should emulate:myman:.
They managed to turn the main protagonist into a complete scumbag that made my skin crawl by season 5 and it wasn't sudden, along the way your sympathy would get less and less as he became emotionally abusive and manipulative and his bytch made tendencies came to life and his paranoia strengthened, his temper tantrums in season 4 and his astronomical ego made him incredibly detestable but even then the writers made to empathize with him and can bring him down to earth when need be like when we found out about his dad, they wrapped up his story in the most satisfactory way possible :wow: There's so many things you can learn about this show from the pitfalls of revenge and how addiction can change your life (Jesse, Jane, Skinny Pete) how harmful pride can be if you let it boil up, how dangerous emotional abuse can be (Jesse, Skyler, Marie), What happens when you live a life without fulfillment and let yourself become the whipping boy of the universe or at least have some sort of hole to be filled, the importance of having a father figure in your life an much much more. I'm not even gonna go in on characters like Gus, Mike, Todd, Jesse, or Skyler because this would just go on far too long.
The last thing i'll say about this perfect show is how unlike many of the other greats like the Sopranos or The Wire is that Breaking Bad perfectly captures the American spirit.
That's not to say that other shows like The Wire arent just as well written but there's a reason this resonates so well with us and it goes all the way back to out core values and our core failures/hindrances/pitfalls and cultural mainstays such as how BB is incredibly reminiscent of the Wild West tales.
It's the television equivalent of The Great Gatsby (The Great American Novel) because it's strictly and American tale :salute:
(I didn't explain the American part of it as well as I could but whatever)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mad Men...

Jon Hamm has never won the Emmy for Lead Actor in a Dramatic Series, which is the category I was talking about.

And the last time "Mad Men" won for Best Series was 3 years ago.

Fred.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man the end of "Crawl Space" gave me chills and had me like :merchant:

on a side note any of yall follow Hector Salamanca on Twitter? :russ:

bb-twitter.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"...And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

9aocv7.jpg

Reading up on Ozymandias after watching the episode and reflecting on the series hits hard. Let's talk about it :wow:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNKKKKKKKK :damn::damn::to:

The chess game Walt and Hank have been playing all season has been great television. Uncle Jack's goon squad been putting in some serious work, too. Jesse continues taking his rage the extra mile and get everybody fukked up in the process. If he handled Gus like he agreed to events wouldn't have unfolded forcing Walt to do some desperate shyt. Walt said he measured the dose anyway :mjpls: :lolbron:

The last half of To'hajiilee is up there with Crawl Space for me. The hit on Jesse. That Heisenberg ego taking over when he gets that text of buried money, throwing all sense out the window. The panic in the desert. Tensions were THICK. I knew what time it was when Walt called the goon squad for help and called em back to cancel. Sorry Walt, them days of half measures are over :no: You got investors now.

At first I had some crazy expectations of Ozymandias thanks to y'all. I initially assumed Heisenberg-Walt runs roughshod over everyone. As I got closer to the episode it appeared to be going in a different direction and my expectations were normalized. Instead, Ozymandias greatness lies in watching Walts house of cards come crumbling down. The culmination of events building for 5 seasons. :wow:

And that's when you realize how GOAT the title alone is. The dualities between Walt and Ozymandias sonnet is some heavy shyt. "The central theme of 'Ozymandias'(sonnet) is contrasting the inevitable decline of all leaders, and of the empires they build, with their pretensions to greatness." Out here being compared to Ramses II :wow:

Replace Ozymandias with Heisenberg:

..."My name is Heisenberg, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Walt's ego in a nutshell. This is basically the negotiation convo he had with Declan in the desert. His cooks are unlike any others. Nobody compares.

"...Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

This is pretty much the state of affairs by the end of the episode. His means to an end ultimately destroyed everything and came crashing down in the worst way. The very reason he got into the game now wants nothing to do with him. Walt seeing his son position against him was the dagger. He's forced to change identities and still can't supply his fam with the money he's earned when he dies. What remains? And still he lets his wife and family off the hook with that last phone call.

The more you dig into this episode the better it gets. So many layers. Took awhile to digest it all. GOAT.

And let's not forget the symbolism

tumblr_mt7842nkY21qzpxx1o1_5001.jpg

Walt really reliving that Gustavo life. :ohhh:

And they already showed him grab the Ricin from behind the outlet in Ep. 9 :ohhh:

Hide the liquor :mjpls:

Last two episodes tonight :ohlawd:

Very, very good break down of the ep breh. I'm glad you liked it. I wish you watched it with us when it aired, The Coli was losing it's mind. Half of the posts for this ep were smilies alone.

I do have a few things to add though:

They added digital effects to the ground when Walt fell down, to make it crack, as if he was a giant statue falling over:

post-27728-Walter-White-Ozymandias-gif-Br-sPNH.gif

Did you see Walt's pants out in the desert from the first episode:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13610-1379412080-0.gif

anigif_original-grid-image-11625-1379412140-8.gif

Did you notice the close up of the chess board at the end of the ep? It was intentionally set up to show the White King a few moves from checkmate:

089eaa821f1411e3a45b22000a9e06cb_6.jpg

There's a ton of other minor stuff too, like the knife Skyler pulled on Walt is the exact same knife Walt had in season 2, episode 1 when he thought Tuco was trying to kill him:

knife1_zps52920639.png

knife2_zps78bddeea.png

The whole series has stuff like this.

I'm interested to hear what you think of the last 2 eps breh.

Fred.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I've never understood the people who say that season 1 of this show was boring or that they weren't hooked until season 3.
I mean seriously how you could not be hooked by episode one is beyond me, shyt was hype the whole way through and the comedy was on fukking point and then they hit you with episode two and that shyt's the perfect 1-2 combo and then once you/re on the floor they stomp you out with episode 3 and leave you speechless :damn:(Walt's conversation with Crazy 8 is so underrated :lawd:) whenever I put someone on this show I always tell them that they have to watch the first 3 episodes in one sitting. By the time you're done with them you'll be hooked unless you have no taste or are brain damaged :banderas:and the shyt doesn't let up from then on, top notch black comedy, top notch cinematography, top notch drama, top notch character development, top notch themes and symbolism :ahh:the show manages to never have a weak episode or season unlike something like Game of Thrones and stay's true to itself while managing to expand in directions that you'd never expect and make you care for characters like Jesse all the way to Marie:noah:(her acting on Open House was top notch) and take a lovable meat head like Hank and turn him into a brilliant DEA agent who poses a legitimate threat and unlike the police in Dexter doesn't make him seem incompetent, adding dimensions to his character we thought we'd never see with his PTSD, problems post "One Minute" shoot out (best action in the show), and his struggles with his own masculinity. They even made him the perfect anti-thesis to Walt, the parallels are ridiculous :ohlawd:and he's the real man in the family that Flynn should emulate:myman:.
They managed to turn the main protagonist into a complete scumbag that made my skin crawl by season 5 and it wasn't sudden, along the way your sympathy would get less and less as he became emotionally abusive and manipulative and his bytch made tendencies came to life and his paranoia strengthened, his temper tantrums in season 4 and his astronomical ego made him incredibly detestable but even then the writers made to empathize with him and can bring him down to earth when need be like when we found out about his dad, they wrapped up his story in the most satisfactory way possible :wow: There's so many things you can learn about this show from the pitfalls of revenge and how addiction can change your life (Jesse, Jane, Skinny Pete) how harmful pride can be if you let it boil up, how dangerous emotional abuse can be (Jesse, Skyler, Marie), What happens when you live a life without fulfillment and let yourself become the whipping boy of the universe or at least have some sort of hole to be filled, the importance of having a father figure in your life an much much more. I'm not even gonna go in on characters like Gus, Mike, Todd, Jesse, or Skyler because this would just go on far too long.
The last thing i'll say about this perfect show is how unlike many of the other greats like the Sopranos or The Wire is that Breaking Bad perfectly captures the American spirit.
That's not to say that other shows like The Wire arent just as well written but there's a reason this resonates so well with us and it goes all the way back to out core values and our core failures/hindrances/pitfalls and cultural mainstays such as how BB is incredibly reminiscent of the Wild West tales.
It's the television equivalent of The Great Gatsby (The Great American Novel) because it's strictly and American tale :salute:
(I didn't explain the American part of it as well as I could but whatever)
Dap, +rep and :salute:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This never makes any sense. They wrote a rough outline of the season, and knew major plot points like Hank dying, 2 years before it happened, when the show almost got cancelled because nobody was watching it.

So there wasn't much of a fan base to pander to.

Fred.
I'm talking about the events of the final episode itself. The way they "tied up the loose ends." even the show's final moment. No risk were taken it was totally played safe.

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
Re watching the series again and just finished "Crawl Space"

Wow, just as powerful as the first viewing...

Front the moment Walt discovers Crazy 8 stashing the piece of plate to Hank getting into a shootout with the twins to Gus killing off the damn cartel to Walt in the crawl space :whoo:

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and this was my 2nd time watching the show!!!!!

GOAT shyt of all time.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Its the best moment of the series. I still feel the first 2 seasons are overrated. But seasons 3-4-5 is goat level tv.