So I got scammed last week brehs and feel like an idiot. :snoop:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
So I started a new job 2 months ago and still learning the ropes. It's a mid size company with around 1000 employees. Anyway to the point, I was heading to a meeting on Thursday and got a email from our CEO, with subject line "Quick Response Needed" and it read "Please send me your cell number". Keep in mind it was in my work email and not spam, so I respond with my number and was thinking like "oh shyt, did I do something wrong?" Keep in mind I only spoke to him once, and that was during a virtual interview in the hiring process.

So the next day I get a text in the morning, saying "Hello Brian, this is Mike (CEO's name) are you available?" I respond with yes of course, and he asked me to pick up a document for him from his lawyer and deliver it to our corporate office. I'm like "ok sure, send me the address of where I need to pick it up" He then says "I told my lawyer I'd reward him for his quick turnaround, pick up a couple of apple gift cards for $500 dollars and drop them off when you pick up the document"

Long story short, I did and realized the email was from a gmail and not our company domain. Also the area code of the text was from a Cali number (I know he lives and is from Atlanta). Luckily i realized this before I dropped off the cards. Sad shyt is, I purchased one. :snoop:

Keep ya'll head on a swivel brehs, these scammers getting better and better out here. Also, when you check an email on an i-phone, it shows the name only and not the email address unless you click the name, which I didn't. :mjcry:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka why would you buy apple cards ecen if you thought this was your boss with your personal money? And rewarding a fukking lawyer with apple gift cards. :mjlol:

was just about to ask this...why would OP think his boss would ask a new hire to purchase $500 worth of gift cards?

not looking to clown...just find that surprising as hell tho

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
This sounds like a common scam

I can't believe you feel for that
It is, which I am aware of. The fact it got through to my main inbox and I was driving to a meeting when I received it was how I got caught slipping. The signature, and everything was my company's and only my CEO's name was in the send box.