So i brought a house in Trenton,NJ for 200 bucks...

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Do you still own the property?

yeah, so the city destroyed the property, so its just vacant land right now, i got a tax bill for for $1300 a year now on land that is worth $5000, im not sure what to do next, i think they are charging me for the demolition of the house

so overall it was a bad idea, the reason why it was selling for next to nothing is that the city had already condemned the property, so the house was worthless. the land would be valuable if somebody wanted to build something there but i dont think is happening

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
yeah, so the city destroyed the property, so its just vacant land right now, i got a tax bill for for $1300 a year now on land that is worth $5000, im not sure what to do next, i think they are charging me for the demolition of the house

so overall it was a bad idea, the reason why it was selling for next to nothing is that the city had already condemned the property, so the house was worthless. the land would be valuable if somebody wanted to build something there but i dont think is happening

What street is the land on?

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

That is crazy breh. Is there any advice you could give on how to do "due diligence"? Is their a particular type of contractor or government agency that needs to be callsd before purchasing these houses. Cause I am wondering if all the other houses on sites are risky investments like the house in Trenton?

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
That is crazy breh. Is there any advice you could give on how to do "due diligence"? Is their a particular type of contractor or government agency that needs to be callsd before purchasing these houses. Cause I am wondering if all the other houses on sites are risky investments like the house in Trenton?

Unfortunately most of Trenton is :scust: and doesn't have the benefit of being close to NYC like Newark or Philly like Camden. It is best to either have a connect in the city who can check shyt out in person (if they're a contractor even better) or if its not too much trouble get your ass down there yourself and make connects. If the city keeps records online that helps so you could find out if there are any issues in regards to water bill, back taxes, etc.

Sometimes you don't find shyt out until you run a title check.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

I’m not sure, the problem was that it was already condemned, so I guess in this case you can check with the city office that does the condemning

I found out after the fact the name of the office, can’t remember the exact name tho

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city

Oh shyt, I haven't been in this thread in a min, damn sorry bruh.... at least you tried though, trying is better than what ifs.... but how can the city demolish something that's not city property?....

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Oh shyt, I haven't been in this thread in a min, damn sorry bruh.... at least you tried though, trying is better than what ifs.... but how can the city demolish something that's not city property?....

im sure its a process to it, but basically it was a safety hazard and to be honest it was a safety hazard from what I saw