So Hangman Adam Page is the biggest failure in AEW History right?

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
How is he any worse than say drew McIntyre oh wait one has a sword the other is a cowboy :jbhmm::mjlol:

I’ll let y’all continue with your skip bayless hot takes though

Drew sucks..

But considering the thread is asking if hangman is the biggest failure in AEW history and Drew has literally never stepped foot in AEW, I don’t really see what that big goofy has to do with the topic

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
I have forgotten about FTR, that has been a colossal failure too. But they were on the outside looking in.

Hangman is elite'd up, protected booking wise and he still sucks. Weights. Shower. Clue.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have to agree with this take on Hangman. They saddled (:troll:) him with the Dark Order for way too long and it killed his star power. He was the champ and he was coming out in the middle of the show for some bs segment instead of being treated like a big deal.

He puts on great matches but his promos and presentation screams midcarder.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
FTR might be it. They had all the big opponents and none if the matches hit.
If they went straight from NXT to AEW i would agree with this.

But remember they got moved up to RAW and immediately fell off....then went to aew bc they were unhappy with the main roster

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think pairing himself with Dark Order killed his hype. I think just being around those lower cards made him look less like a big deal imo. Hopefully this Moxley feud can reignite his career, but I think the timing of birth of child and pairing of dark order messed up his momentum

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
people fear him
qtjqn8qspqf91.png

That ship has sailed.
How is he any worse than say drew McIntyre oh wait one has a sword the other is a cowboy :jbhmm::mjlol:

I’ll let y’all continue with your skip bayless hot takes though
They both suck. What's your point?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Im just gonna assume Cody was the one to mastermind his build from 2020-2021. Cause thats some Dusty/Heyman shyt of like accentuate the positives/flip the negatives and turn that anxious milenial cowboy shyt into something.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
It was clear that he wasn’t ready to be the #1 guy and the face of the company. A guy like him that believes he’s above advice from legends and vets in the locker room won’t go very far. Page never carried himself like a world champion. Page is stuck with the indie mentality.

He’ll always deliver good performances in the ring and do all the cool moves. But it’s hard for me to get behind him nh because he comes off extremely whiney, melodramatic and doesn’t live the cowboy gimmick he portrays.

The last great cowboy in wrestling was James Storm. He was a guy that truly lived his gimmick and you believed it. He would never show up in a wrestling ring wearing jeans with butterflies over em.

It also doesn’t help that he’s around the Wack Order too. Now his promo with Moxley this past Wednesday was good I’ll give him that and I’ll tune in to see the match but at this point i think it’s too late for him to be the main guy.

Tony needs to sit down with Page and convince him he needs to be repackaged because the cowboy shyt don’t suit him at all.

Last edited: