So every poster here has a Tablet of some sort, right?

What kind of tablet you got?

• Android

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I own a Boox tablet but more recently, I copped the Xiaomi Pad 6 (running a Chinese edition w/ 'English' selected in the settings for now)

But back to tablets generally, in the same way that it's a lot easier to be productive via a laptop than shoehorning everything over a phone, when it comes to media consumption and app-specific activities, it's just effortless to use a tablet compared to a phone/desktop.

It's not something that comes naturally initially, but then once you get the hang of it, you start unconsciously avoiding activities until your tablet is free. I've got an elevated seat on my couch now that I layout w/ my tablet so frequently. The only main caveat I'd say is that typing is a headache, so it's WOAT for texting, or those brief moments you have to type in a web address, but with apps like Pocket, Artifact & Feedly :banderas:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Galaxy Tab S8+ :blessed:

Best device I've purchased in years. Don't go on my phone at all when I'm home. OLED screen with 120hz :wow:

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
I got my tablet strictly for streaming and it's worked perfectly for that. Didnt have a laptop when I got it and I hate watching shyt on my phone for long periods so this is the perfect alternative. Watch all my sports and YouTube on there while I work, game or cook.

And it's an android tablet :shaq:

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
One of my kids likes to draw and would like to get an iPad for his work.

1. How important is storage for this use? I really dont want to buy a 256G version if I dont need to.
2. What art program do you suggest I get?
3. What note taking program do you suggest I get?
4. What generation iPad would be suffice for these 2 functions?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
One of my kids likes to draw and would like to get an iPad for his work.

1. How important is storage for this use? I really dont want to buy a 256G version if I dont need to.
2. What art program do you suggest I get?
3. What note taking program do you suggest I get?
4. What generation iPad would be suffice for these 2 functions?

1. Theres iCloud where you can store images if worst comes to worst, but it doesn’t take a lot of storage space either way
2. Procreate, hands down, and its super cheap
3. It comes with IOS notes, it does the job, i used it for school
4. Any generation as long as you can use the Apple Pencil

For a young kid a regular newer generation ipad or iPad mini is fine, also make sure you get paperlike, its a screen protector that makes it feel more natural to paint/draw on

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
1. Theres iCloud where you can store images if worst comes to worst, but it doesn’t take a lot of storage space either way
2. Procreate, hands down, and its super cheap
3. It comes with IOS notes, it does the job, i used it for school
4. Any generation as long as you can use the Apple Pencil

For a young kid a regular newer generation ipad or iPad mini is fine, also make sure you get paperlike, its a screen protector that makes it feel more natural to paint/draw on

Procreate is fire

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got a Tab S9, Core m3 Surface Go 2, iPad Mini 6, and an old 3rd gen iPad Pro from 2018.