So does this mean Kendrick Lamar is officially the number one rapper right now???

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'm another late one in late millenial gang and I gotta say Kendrick Lamar is also
currently in my top 10.
Son said top 5. He said more millennials put Kendrick in their Top 5 over Wayne. shyt I barely even see Kendrick in top 5s. Only top 10s. Millennials swore by Wayne for years. Even Kendrick himself.

Last edited:

MINT

All Star
Daps
Kendrick was top 10 few years ago while having a better catalog than most rappers in the top 5, he made it to top 5 now.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Kendrick has managed to crack my top 10 both personally and objectively...

I haven't put too much thought into it but I imagine he's around 6-7..

His catalogue is undeniable in quality... He's batting a higher percentage in albums than any other rapper..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
A nikka can have 4 great albums. And not be better than a nikka with 3 amazing albums and one decent one. It's about how does his albums stack up to the next nikka. Not if they are good or not. Cause with that criteria. A whole lotta nikkas would be deserving of a slot. Longevity counts as well. Like I find it unfair to compare any other rapper that ain't dead to Nas and Jay. Them nikkas catalogs deep as fukk. Mix that with unreleased music, features and loosies. Add impact and skill to the fold. It's damn near impossible at this point. I always felt like "the big 3" been shoehorned into GOAT conversations because they was the best amongst alotta mediocrity. The competition level wasn't there.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
A nikka can have 4 great albums. And not be better than a nikka with 3 amazing albums and one decent one. It's about how does his albums stack up to the next nikka. Not if they are good or not. Cause with that criteria. A whole lotta nikkas would be deserving of a slot. Longevity counts as well. Like I find it unfair to compare any other rapper that ain't dead to Nas and Jay. Them nikkas catalogs deep as fukk. Mix that with unreleased music, features and loosies. Add impact and skill to the fold. It's damn near impossible at this point. I always felt like "the big 3" been shoehorned into GOAT conversations because they was the best amongst alotta mediocrity. The competition level wasn't there.
His albums stack up against anybody..

I don't know a whole lotta nikkas with 4 straight albums at this level.. 5 if you're counting S80

Kendrick the only one of the "big 3" that I'd say could get into goat convos..

He's got the longevity, impact, and skill..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

I don't know a whole lotta nikkas with 4 straight albums at this level.. 5 if you're counting S80

I disagree. Maybe 2 of em.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I’d say Kendrick right now is unequivocally top 15, arguably top 10 but NOT top 5. Its still rappers with deep catalogs and longevity like LL ( LEGEND) KRS One (LEGEND) and Black Thought (LEGEND) who rarely get top 5 love. So for Kendrick to leap frog THEM I personally feel he needs 1 more universally recognized classic album. Now is that a FAIR criteria/expectation? Maybe not. But to get past bonafide LEGENDS the road to immortality ain’t always fair.

• Dap
Reactions: 904