So Cornell West is essentially a Republican Op

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Unless he is directly involved I wouldn't really blame him. The Republicans are basically doing the opposite of what Dems did to Trump in 2016.
Dems purposely made Trump stronger and it backfired, Repubs are trying to dilute Dem votes by promoting alternatives to Kamala :yeshrug:

The problem with being a liberal who bucks against the establishment Dems is you lose all access to mainstream liberal media and you become a pariah in the mainstream Democratic apparatus. We saw it with Tulsi Gabbard, TYT, Greenswald, and it almost happened to AOC and the squad before they got in line. Dems have been hating Cornell since the Obama so he probably doesn't care if they ruin his reputation at this point

Daps
A lot of brehs like CW hated when President Obama was running vs Hillary and then McCain in '07/'08.

Being a "respected figure" in the Black community...educator, activist etc., doesn't hold the same weight as a breh saying "I'm the maphukkin Commander in Chief, President of the United States of America." They felt like the rise of Obama = reduction in their status.

They want to be the middleman between the elite of white America and the average Black American.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think he's a Republican operative in the sense that he sat down with them to work all of this out. They are exploiting his campaign, though.
I'm leaning towards this too. Though it is suspicious he's doing all this and owes hundreds of thousands in child support. Also he hasn't came out and explained himself about accepting money from Republicans.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this dude is a dikkhead. he knows that he has no business in this race besides taking votes from Kamala, and that "Brother Trump" getting elected will go against basically every position he stands for

he's just doing it to grift money :mjlol:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Should have posted the article in OP

As other members have said, the major parties have a history of doing this, and as the article points out, Dems are trying to boost Randall Terry (an alternate Republican candidate) to siphon votes from Trump.