So can we all agree that the PS5 has had the best first year launch?

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Not bad but the PS2 first year was a force to be reckoned with.

playstation-2-fall-2001.original.jpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GTA 3 just barely made the cut re: that first year window…but it absolutely was the sole reason my cousin and I ran out and bought PS2s…$300 :merchant:

we were both huge fans of GTA2 tho and felt the series would be dope if they shifted to 3D graphics and R* “obliged” our wish :banderas:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
GTA 3 just barely made the cut re: that first year window…but it absolutely was the sole reason my cousin and I ran out and bought PS2s…$300 :merchant:

we were both huge fans of GTA2 tho and felt the series would be dope if they shifted to 3D graphics and R* “obliged” our wish :banderas:

I somehow didnt even know about gta 3 until months after the fact. I remember randomly being over a friends house and we went to a classmates house and they were driving around a 3d city, killing hookers :wtf: :damn:

I played that shyt and was like :wow:

But, because I was broke and didnt have a ps2 yet, my first GTA wasnt until san andreas came out :blessed:

I think back on experiences like that, mario 64, DMC, MGS demo, and Gears of War and sometimes long for those transformative, once in a life time experiences that came with a couple of console launches.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I somehow didnt even know about gta 3 until months after the fact. I remember randomly being over a friends house and we went to a classmates house and they were driving around a 3d city, killing hookers :wtf: :damn:

I played that shyt and was like :wow:

But, because I was broke and didnt have a ps2 yet, my first GTA wasnt until san andreas came out :blessed:

I think back on experiences like that, mario 64, DMC, MGS demo, and Gears of War and long for those transformative, once in a life time experiences that came with a couple of console launches.

reminds me of an old thread I made :jbhmm:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
GTA 3 and DMC 1 shyt on everything frfr. I remember seeing DMC on a commercial and being astonished. Hadnt seen anything like it before.
This is what I mean when I speak on how ridiculous these next gen launches have been. Think about how you felt seeing something that innovative... there is no innovation with these consoles or games

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
GTA 3 and DMC 1 shyt on everything frfr. I remember seeing DMC on a commercial and being astonished. Hadnt seen anything like it before.
all those games came out a year after the ps2 released. im talking about
games that came out before the console's 1 year anniversary.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also the PS2 released back when most big 3rd party companies were only developing on the PlayStation, so it fluffs the numbers. You take away non-ps 1st party (which is essential now) and it looks terrible.

If xbox didn’t exist you could say this first years decimates the ps2’s if PS5 once again gets all the 3rd party AAA games to itself