So Busta Rhymes & Fat Joe are hip hop culture vultures now ?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Busta Rhymes and Fat Joe are culture vultures now?! :dead: I get the hate Busta gets for his reckless talk and the hate Joe gets for being a Puerto Rican saying nikka but those two are far from culture vultures. Dudes just be saying all kinds of stuff.
Joe been talking just as reckless.
By that logic, are Eminem and DJ Vlad culture vultures? They both grew up in poor neighborhoods with black people.
Vlad is the definition of a culture vulture. Alpha vulture.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
it’s just like when Latina actresses used black men as a conduit into their fame
It was all good just a week ago but once they have made their money off the culture
They start talking real reckless about who, what, when and where about shyt to diminish black americans
And to uplift their own respective communities supposed contributions to hip hop and rap

But this thecoli and a Zay thread
So you will be labeled xenophobic for wanting to question why we didn’t gate keep hip hop better
But let me go to Jamaica and say black americans where there in the creation of Reggae music
Or black Americans are responsible for reggaton in Puerto Rico
And watch the fire works
Every body is allowed to hold certain things from their culture to their chest except black Americans who continually get taken and played the fool
And we suppose to just be okay with it

Nobody who truly loves and respects or has a renowned history in Reggae or Jamaican music would deny the tremendous influence American records had on their work and the history of the genre. Nobody is hurt, offended, or demoralized to say that. Not everyone shares your insecurities.

It's not hard to accept that cultural exchanges take place in the creation of black music genres. Including, if not especially, Hip Hop. It's just you wannabe-cac hashtag weirdos that are on some st0rmfr0nt mission to erase everyone else from popular music history.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
I'm all for pan africanism, but at the same time these discussions show why ados/fba needed to be created. Cause no one would be bold enough to erase the fact that reggae/dub is Jamaican or afrobeats is nigerian

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I said along time ago.
Social media has made the world seem smaller and everybody thinks they know everything about everything.
When that isn't true

So basically if you ain't from NY.
Mind your business

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Drake is the only one of them that has FBA blood :yeshrug:

I wouldn't call Busta a culture vulture though.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
That rican fat joe is

drake dad is a black american :shurg:
small hats don't really accept him just easy now because he is well known
so what ever

Busta is not either

he just one of them "I'm caribbean black" folk

we know they get down

they only "black american" when a cac reminds them they a nikka

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
other than his first album and a few other cuts i think joe is garbage

but it seems like a lot of old emcees i respect, respect joe. and he came up at a time where you actually had to rap. who am i to say anything

:yeshrug:

one thing i will say.. his beard is weird. his old graffiti name was joey crack, wasnt it? cos it looks like he cut a stencil and sprayed on that beard

seriously look at it

attachment-fat-joe.jpg

b5e0d12713e686c42e49ed9fdba09327.jpg

youre going to hell for these threads @BrothaZay