So Busta Rhymes & Fat Joe are hip hop culture vultures now ?

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
other than his first album and a few other cuts i think joe is garbage

but it seems like a lot of old emcees i respect, respect joe. and he came up at a time where you actually had to rap. who am i to say anything

:yeshrug:

one thing i will say.. his beard is weird. his old graffiti name was joey crack, wasnt it? cos it looks like he cut a stencil and sprayed on that beard

seriously look at it

attachment-fat-joe.jpg

b5e0d12713e686c42e49ed9fdba09327.jpg

youre going to hell for these threads @BrothaZay

:laff:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Nobody who truly loves and respects or has a renowned history in Reggae or Jamaican music would deny the tremendous influence American records had on their work and the history of the genre. Nobody is hurt, offended, or demoralized to say that. Not everyone shares your insecurities.

It's not hard to accept that cultural exchanges take place in the creation of black music genres. Including, if not especially, Hip Hop. It's just you wannabe-cac hashtag weirdos that are on some st0rmfr0nt mission to erase everyone else from popular music history.
what are the cultural exchanges that led to the creation of hip hop

stop koonbuya splaining

you never had black americans try to lay claim to reggae music, even though there are more tangible influences sonically, than there are with caribbeans and latinos with hip hop

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
what are the cultural exchanges that led to the creation of hip hop

stop koonbuya splaining

you never had black americans try to lay claim to reggae music, even though there are more tangible influences sonically, than there are with caribbeans and latinos with hip hop
lol you reminded me of something. i was in a music chat and this fat old cac boomer insisted Paul McCartney should be credited with a hand in reggae's origin because ob-la-di ob-bla-da came out in 1968 and reggae originated "in the early sixties." I gave up arguing with him. he was fukking delusional

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Why though?

Latinos have been involved in Hip Hop since the beginning, despite what people like Tariq claim.

Stop trying to rewrite history.

IMG-7654.png
IMG-7655.webp

IMG-7656.jpg

IMG-7657.jpg

Latinos WERE NOT there in the beginning..the start of HipHop as a distinct subculture starts around 1970,

Latinos didn't exist in the culture in large numbers until around 1977-1980. The earliest Latinos in HipHop ALL attest to this fact.

They were not in HipHop like that until the Gangs faded out by the late 1970s because prior to that, it was BEEF between black and latino youth who were of the same ages as the guys that were involved in HipHop

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
"Latinos WERE NOT there in the beginning..the start of HipHop as a distinct subculture starts around 1970.

Latinos didn't exist in the culture in large numbers until around 1977-1980. The earliest Latinos in HipHop ALL attest to this fact."

Those two sentences COMPLETELY ABSOLUTELY contradict each other.
That is all I will say about that.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
I'm not here for the Busta disrespect at all, fukk all that :camby:

I guess Big a vulture too then, huh? :dahell: Ridiculous.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm less concerned about culture venturism than ppl who think that just because they are apart of a culture it gives them the right to capitalize off of it.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
"Latinos WERE NOT there in the beginning..the start of HipHop as a distinct subculture starts around 1970.

Latinos didn't exist in the culture in large numbers until around 1977-1980. The earliest Latinos in HipHop ALL attest to this fact."

Those two sentences COMPLETELY ABSOLUTELY contradict each other.

No they don't: One "latino" in a room with 99 other "black" people doesn't equate to "Latinos were there from the start as founders of the culture". This why I worded what I said in that fashion

That is all I will say about that.

This video sums it up

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
No they don't: One "latino" in a room with 99 other "black" people doesn't equate to "Latinos were there from the start as founders of the culture". This why I worded what I said in that fashion

This video sums it up

Your PERSONAL BIASED estimation is that there was "one"
Joe is a light skin rican
There are many ricans TEN TIMES darker than you in the city
Probably even on the coli right now

And if they born here, you would not know they "hispanic" unless you knew them personally

So if Ricans were there, THEY WERE THERE

Whether it is by your estimation one or ten

THEY WERE THERE

So please do not let me see you pushing that "they were not there" again.
Tell your students on the coli also

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Your PERSONAL BIASED estimation is that there was "one"
Joe is a light skin rican
There are many ricans TEN TIMES darker than you in the city
Probably even on the coli right now

And if they born here, you would not know they "hispanic" unless you knew them personally

So if Ricans were there, THEY WERE THERE

Whether it is by your estimation one or ten

THEY WERE THERE

So please do not let me see you pushing that "they were not there" again.
Tell your students on the coli also

They weren't there and they didn't pioneer any of the 4 elements. The facts don't lie!

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Now it was not "one"?

There was absolutely none?

As I said, a dark skin rican would be IMPOSSIBLE to tell from a blk american

If you do not know them personally

I speak from growing up in ny with a whole lot of hispanics
Many completely unable to speak spanish
Many do not listen to any spanish music

Many darker than you
Many more into the ART of hip hop than you

Point?

Unless you know a person personally, it is impossible to tell a blk american from a rican
Unless it is a fat joe green eyed type of rican

And still a light skin rican grows up in the same projects and go to the same schools

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I googled "when did puerto ricans migrate to new york"

"19th century
The first group of Puerto Ricans immigrated to New York City in the mid-19th century when Puerto Rico was a Spanish colony and its people Spanish subjects. The following wave of Puerto Ricans to move to New York City did so after the Spanish–American War in 1898."

Puerto Ricans in New York City - Wikipedia.

That is the wikipedia
Do you want to rethink you stance?