Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I bet you like them type of men :shaq:
200_s.gif

Hell naw, the way he shytted on his son's mother, I truly thought '...this nikka talks like a pimp...'

I woulda sliced his balls off in his sleep if he talked about me or to me like that.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
WICKED WILSON PICKETT IS THE THUG OF ALL THUGS IN MUSIC!

This press release is from one of TWO SEPERATE INCIDENTS in which WILSON PICKETT SHOT AT THE ISLEY BROTHERS

WHILE ON TOUR WITH THEM!!

The second SHOOTING resulted in one of the brothers LOSING AN EYE!

The ISLEY BROS dropped CHARGES in both incidents

Wilson-Pickett.jpg

This.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Wicked Wilson Pickett, dude was making CACs mad in the 60's and 70s.

but stylistically Bobby Brown is all of these R and B dudes father.

Word to mother, this dude was told not to play in the South. He did a damn 'revenge tour' down there.
:laff: Wilson Pickett sounds like the Suge Knight of the 70s. I've heard of him; but not his music. I remember when he passed I joked wondering if my auntie was sad (she cried when every celebrity passed like she knew em...)

But reading this.... :damn:

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
i would say david ruffin was. the modern muhfukkas are just offspring of bobby brown but david ruffin was the forefather of that r&b thug shyt

"statue of a fool" is one of my favorite david ruffin songs. check out the video, you got o say thcats still bitin' david ruffin's style, look at his glasses (which august alsina now rocks)

Came in to say this.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Kellz birthed these dudes, yea there were a lot of others who were "rough" for r&b - bobby, jodeci, tq, jaheim, Nate dogg :rip: - but modern day, these cats ran with kellz tp2, best of both worlds, double up persona and just went too far. They all clearly mimic and cite him (and jodeci) as their primary influence.

Edit: two questions going on here..,who was the first, and who opened the floodgates...kellz is the latter, the first? I'm sure you have to go back to some roaring 20's/Harlem Renaissance jazz nikkas

Last edited:

Arihi

Mare Liberum
Daps
Reppin
City O' Sails
its cos of this thread i now wanna put in an order for this some good reviews there too. anyone read it yet? or any other recommendations please post.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
You started to see the transition in the late 80's/early 90's with cats like Bobby Brown, Jodeci etc.

It's bigger than just perception tho. As hip-hop started to grow in the biz and mainstream it intertwined with R&B as far as "urban markets", hence all the mix of hip-hop and r&b especially in the 90's, to the point hip-hop outgrew r&b as far as mainstream dominence that r&b basically became hip-hop. But it started in the late 80's/early 90's, and fully blew in the 90's & then became what it became since..and i dont like it, honestly.

As far as now (Chris Brown, Trey Songz etc), they aint doing nothin new. But they basically have the rap personas but only sing - ie. Jodeci, esp since hip-hop grew. Even in marketing its the same.