Daps
EbpIvjcUEAAq08z
EbiL_zJXgAIX38E

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
People need to be watching this right now. There's so many direct allegories to what is being put on front street in our current situation for the world to see. Doesn't hurt that it's a very well put-together show, even if Daveed Diggs' voice bothers me and them dreads look triddash... dude is doing a better job with this than Chris Evans did. Not much of a stretch for any black man to play someone marginalized and shat on until his skills were needed, though - it's too true to our reality, so I get it.

Side note: the fall-off of Jennifer Connelly physically has to be Top-5, right? It's Alba-level curve-shedding.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People need to be watching this right now. There's so many direct allegories to what is being put on front street in our current situation for the world to see. Doesn't hurt that it's a very well put-together show, even if Daveed Diggs' voice bothers me and them dreads look triddash... dude is doing a better job with this than Chris Evans did. Not much of a stretch for any black man to play someone marginalized and shat on until his skills were needed, though - it's too true to our reality, so I get it.

Side note: the fall-off of Jennifer Connelly physically has to be Top-5, right? It's Alba-level curve-shedding.

giphy.gif

And yes the show is dope, i haven't noticed any black folks up front :mjpls:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I love how the show doesn't dumb it down, or delay any resolutions. These are intelligent survivalists, so they should be figuring ish out quite quickly. And there's always another problem.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Exactly the show the country needed right now... Shame Daveed getting way more attention over Hamilton than for what was done here.

Also... LJ can get it :yeshrug:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Exactly the show the country needed right now... Shame Daveed getting way more attention over Hamilton than for what was done here.

Also... LJ can get it :yeshrug:

this show touching on classism, racism, uprisings, whose really pulling the strings, looting, survival, law enforcement brutality

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Late as hell but finally watched the season. Started off mediocre but got really good as it progressed. Not a fan of Daveed Diggs, thought he was very generic outside of a few moments.

Pun intended but the show was cold as hell with the violence and difficult choices some characters were forced to make. No one is innocent and in this case that's a good thing.

Last edited: