"Snowpiercer" TV Show in the Works

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Tony winner Daveed Diggs ("Hamilton") continues to make inroads into television. In addition to ABC picking up "The Mayor" a new comedy series he's executive producing (and may appear in from time to time) which debuts in the fall, Diggs has now been tapped to lead TNT’s "Snowpiercer" pilot based on the 2013 film of the same name - a futuristic thriller based on the award-winning film by Bong Joon Ho.

A co-production of Tomorrow Studios and Turner's Studio T, the hour-long drama pilot is being executive-produced by writer-showrunner Josh Friedman ("Avatar 4," "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") and Tomorrow Studios' Marty Adelstein ("Aquarius," "Prison Break") and Becky Clements ("Good Behavior," "Aquarius"), and the original film's Bong Joon Ho, Park Chan-wook, Lee Tae-hun and Dooho Choi, along with CJ Entertainment.

"Snowpiercer" is set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe. Its presentation as a miniature look at matters of class and the potential for genuine class warfare (when the oppressed decide that they no longer wish to exist in a society whose socioeconomic system insists on their oppression, and act against it, providing a lever for radical change) is an idea that I believe we here can all appreciate. This could be a timely television adaptation, given the current climate we're living in. I would also expect a diverse cast for the series that, at least, matches the film, which Octavia Spencer and Marcanthonee Reis both had supporting roles in. The casting of Diggs to kick things off is a good sign.

Diggs will play Layton Well, “a prisoner barely surviving the harsh conditions in the tail end of the train” — which is reportedly similar to the role that Chris Evans (star of the 2013 film) played.

TNT has also announced that "Doctor Strange‘s" Scott Derrickson will direct the "Snowpiercer" pilot, from a script written by Friedman.

Let's see how the rest of the pilot is cast; still a long way to go until it officially gets picked up as a series (if it does).

In addition to "The Mayor" and "Snowpiercer," Diggs also has a recurring role on ABC's "black-ish" and Netflix's musical drama "The Get Down."

The original "Snowpiercer" movie is available on various home video platforms.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
tonight
ca09ded1684a2c4200ea1b5d172d6dba0c187c2c.gifv
tumblr_ozqjsdoeMW1s535xbo3_540.gif

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
my review of the first episode, pulpy, but in a good way, if anything the episode is too short, obviously it take some of the lore from movie but running on its own track, interesting move to make it procedural
EXtcLZYU8AAlddb
snowpiercer-till-layton.jpg
snowpiercer-review-tnt.jpg

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my review of the first episode, pulpy, but in a good way, if anything the episode is too short, obviously it take some of the lore from movie but running on its own track, interesting move to make it procedural
EXtcLZYU8AAlddb
snowpiercer-till-layton.jpg
snowpiercer-review-tnt.jpg

I see what you did there.