SNL Season 42 Thread (Season Finale - Dwayne Johnson/Katy Perry/Migos)

calh45

Cal
Daps
Nah. I don't believe that. HBO would throw money at Dave. I feel like he'd be the hesitant one.

Dave can get a deal from ANY network at this point. Anyone saying it's racist is being dumb. He blew up and didn't like being that big so he left. I guarantee Netflix and Amazon at the very least have a standing offer for him to do whatever the fukk he wants.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
:scusthov: @ a white woman and Dave tongue slopping eachother

did he have to take that L so he could say all that other sh!t
:snoop:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dave can get a deal from ANY network at this point. Anyone saying it's racist is being dumb. He blew up and didn't like being that big so he left. I guarantee Netflix and Amazon at the very least have a standing offer for him to do whatever the fukk he wants.

Yup. With daves success, and his experience with his last show, I imagine the biggest issue is him deciding where he wants to be. What brand he's comfortable being an extension of. He can get a deal from damn-near anyone. No way HBO wouldn't want to be in business with him.

Why wouldn't HBO want him? If he follows Chapelle Show format, those skits are bite-sized and app friendly, perfect for mobile consumption. Kind of a big deal given ATT just bought HBO, and they couldn't pay anyone to watch Bill Simmons on any medium (part of the reason he got cancelled.. show segments werent mobile-friendly).

If u honestly think racism is a big enough reason for these companies not to employ someone of Daves stature, with the money they could make OFF him... lol, you're being naive.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scusthov: @ a white woman and Dave tongue slopping eachother

did he have to take that L so he could say all that other sh!t
:snoop:

smh. really breh?

the funny part is, she had a joke earlier in the sketch that purposely toed the line in a much more :merchant: way. To the point Keenan whipped out a yellow card and said "watch it!" The female in the skit is also known for physical comedy. That was probably the least racial part of the whole skit. It was just fukking gross.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I guess nobody in this thread even realized the opening song was a tribute to leonard cohen who just died.:yeshrug:
everyone probably knows this. I feel like fighting against how fukkin lame that open was again...

guy earlier said it was "poignent." fukk that. the fact she is in full Hillary garb made it pathetic. I'm not happy Trump won, not by a long shot, but don't paint Hillary as the great hope we missed out on. fukk her. And fukk that fear mongering "we're all doomed, it's over" shyt from a show that had the fukkin guy host a year ago. Also, Cohen is not worthy of a cold open, even a conveniently timed one like this. Prince didn't get one. Bowie didn't get one. I can't think of any entertainer period who has in my lifetime. The fukkin post 9/11 cold open was more cheery than that heavy handed dogshyt last night. And on top of everything else, they had a non singer sing one of the most beautiful songs of all time. Dogshyt. fukk em. if you were moved by that, you're the reason Trump won.

Have a good day, peeps.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
That monologue :wow:

Monologue was like Jordan when he came back in 1995 and dropped 55 on the Knicks in Madison Square Garden.

It really highlighted everything that's great about his standup routine

- Highlighted the black experience
- Acknowledged his success and he's not the norm ( balloon / Obama we must come together vs. Trump tax cuts )
- Knowledge and reverence of the history of black people's ability to be in the White House
- Kept moments of levity to not over burden his points ( "I'm out the game!" / Bradley Cooper )

Most comedians are pretty much "one-note", Dave can balance serious low-point issues with comedic high-point laughs and he can weave them into a seamless walk-n-talk with the crowd that makes you laugh and think at the same time.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Monologue was like Jordan when he came back in 1995 and dropped 55 on the Knicks in Madison Square Garden.

It really highlighted everything that's great about his standup routine

- Highlighted the black experience
- Acknowledged his success and he's not the norm ( balloon / Obama we must come together vs. Trump tax cuts )
- Knowledge and reverence of the history of black people's ability to be in the White House
- Kept moments of levity to not over burden his points ( "I'm out the game!" / Bradley Cooper )

Most comedians are pretty much "one-note", Dave can balance serious low-point issues with comedic high-point laughs and he can weave them into a seamless walk-n-talk with the crowd that makes you laugh and think at the same time.
Knew he was gonna kill the monologue.... and he went legend on us