SNL Season 42 Thread (Season Finale - Dwayne Johnson/Katy Perry/Migos)

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
ezgif-2881231494.gif

Last edited:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
it wouldn't be worth it for him. Eventually he'd run into the same shyt that caused him to leave.

With avenues like Netflix, the power of social media, and all kinds of independent branding available nowadays, I don't think he'd have that to worry about.

He's big enough (pause) to do things on his own terms.

Goretex

Pro
Daps
it wouldn't be worth it for him. Eventually he'd run into the same shyt that caused him to leave.

Besides some conspiracies idk why he left to begin with. I know he had a fallen out with Neal Brennan, but I never follow ppl podcast and shyt to find out. He also had stepped away from stand up for a long time after he left.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
With avenues like Netflix, the power of social media, and all kinds of independent branding available nowadays, I don't think he'd have that to worry about.

He's big enough (pause) to do things on his own terms.
He'll have bigger issues than that. Until him and Neal Brennan can fix their issues, it's not gonna be the same. That was his main partner.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the ill shyt about dave's opening monologue is how it echoed some of the stuff he was saying about the end of chapelle show.

if u really listen to what he was saying, there were arguably 3-5 moments in there, where, yes, he was telling a joke. but the shyt was real. it's not really funny when you think about it. but rather than sit in uncomfortable silence and think about the awful things he's hinting at, the whole audience was just laughing it up.

he even stopped a couple of times for emphasis. almost like... "are you actually paying attention to what i'm saying? or u just gonna laugh on cue." or maybe he was pausing for the people who do understand the irony of an audience so blissfully unaware. i dont know.

dude is brilliantly gifted when it comes to putting us all under the microscope. i hope this is the start of his return to the public eye. but after watching this again, i'd also understand if he said fukk it.