SNL Fires 3 Castmembers

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I know this'll probably be an unpopular opinion (or maybe not) but I've NEVER liked SNL. I'm talking not even when Tracy Morgan, Will Ferrell, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, etc., etc. were castmembers.

Not even Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, Adam Sandler, Spade years?:sadcam:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Not even Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, Adam Sandler, Spade years?:sadcam:
None of it, never enjoyed the show.

I will say this though... I've only seen so many episodes, so it's not really fair for me to judge. Obviously because of the fact I never liked the show I don't watch it on any type of regular basis, but I used to watch the episodes on Netflix when I was dozing off to sleep and it did help me do that.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/LWO/NYY/NYR/ALA
This show hasn't been funny since the Cheri Oteri days:mjpls:

...how does the shyt show remains on the air, but the threw MADTV in the bushes:birdman:
Lorne_Michaels_David_Shankbone_2010.jpg

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I think we all need to accept that SNL is an institution at this point and not going anywhere. Is it as funny as it used to be? Hell to the no but it is what it is. My favorite show of all time (The Simpsons) isn't as funny as it used to be but Lord knows I'm going to be sad the day it goes off because it's been on since I was 3 years old and I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way about SNL at this point. And it took a while for Tina Fey, Fallon, Myers, Rudolph and Sudekis to catch on so the new cast needs time to cook

:ufdup:Don't joke about shyt like that breh. The Simpsons will be on tv forever.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...how does the shyt show remains on the air, but the threw MADTV in the bushes:birdman:

I was thinking about this earlier. MADtv only lasted as long as it did because FOX kept slashing its budget every season, but they realized they couldn't cut it any more and make doing the show worthwhile at all.

MADtv was damn near unrecognizable in its last two seasons. :yeshrug:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Oh it better be. Seriously, I don't care how much the quality has dropped, it better never ever leave my television.

Springfield has so many amazing characters to explore, they should keep it going as long as possible. I still find Flanders, Mr. Burns, Milhouse, Apu and Ralph to be funny any time they're on screen. The Simpsons family may not be as funny as they used to be, but the amount of other great characters on the show makes me come back every week. My only issue is that there's too many Lisa episodes now.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Springfield has so many amazing characters to explore, they should keep it going as long as possible. I still find Flanders, Mr. Burns, Milhouse, Apu and Ralph to be funny any time they're on screen. The Simpsons family may not be as funny as they used to be, but the amount of other great characters on the show makes me come back every week. My only issue is that there's too many Lisa episodes now.

In truth, the beauty of the simpsons is that it can always be good due to the nature of the world its created like you said. All you need is a good staff of writers and immediately the show can be reinvigorated and classic again. They have episodes every now and then that are dope like the lego episode from last season so they just need to tap into a consistency

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
In truth, the beauty of the simpsons is that it can always be good due to the nature of the world its created like you said. All you need is a good staff of writers and immediately the show can be reinvigorated and classic again. They have episodes every now and then that are dope like the lego episode from last season so they just need to tap into a consistency

Plus watching The Simpsons on Sunday nights just comes natural to me. Been my Sunday routine since the 90's and we don't fukk with tradition in my home. I actually bought the Lego Simpsons house and the mini characters that came out too.