Snake Eyes | July 2021 | GI Joe Spin-off

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The character arc for snake eyes was awful

the clan leader was more upset at storm shadow for trying to kill the dude who destroyed the clan than she was at snake eyes who caused everything. They made him so unlikable by the end.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the thing that bothered me the most about the movie was that they kept having scenes where it seemed like Snake Eyes realized he was fukking up but then he would just keep going. Then when he got the thing that he was stabbing everyone in the back over then he finally gets that he fukked up and goes back without following through on the revenge. He just let the guy go like he didn't kill his father and wasn't still riding with the terrorists a week ago.

After all that fukking up he's forgiven like nothing happened and put back in his spot but Storm Shadow's actions to save everyone is unforgivable. You have to have an incredibly charismatic actor to make the audience root for a character written to be that terrible throughout.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I thought Snake Eyes was supposed to be the more skilled of the two
He came off as a bumbling wanna be
While Storm Shadow was the lifelong ninja clan member
Movie was entertaining for what it was :hubie:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i likes it more than i thought i would... but i agree on scarlet... is there Gon be more origin films? or should I rewatch the 1st 2?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Guys this was way more "G.I. Joe" than both the previous movies. It felt like I was watching a Live Action Episode of the show. Especially with that "Sun Stone" ish. I liked it overall. I felt Scarlett should of been in it more. Ol' Girl who played her was hard body. I liked the fighting and action even with all the wild camera work. I loved all the sword fighting. Watching the movie made me realize how much Hollywood has messed up this franchise. G.I. Joe has really cool characters that all have unique skills. It's really not that hard to do a live action. It's basically "Mission Impossible, Borne, Bond" with all the espionage stuff but it's also Sci-Fi elements because of their technology. Not to mention the Military element involved. Cobra is a hard body villain of the series too, so many ways to expand with them. Barnoness was dope too. Blind Master and Hard Master did the damn thing. Parts of this joint felt like "The Raid" series especially with my mans Iko in the movie. As for the ending:

I agree with everyone, I left the movie feeling sorry for Storm Shadow. He did everything to protect his people and family. Snake Eyes was the snake, lol. But I like his arc too, it was all about getting revenge but all that he learned from the Clan made him realize that wasn't the answer. The whole Snake Pit scene proved he was no longer a bad person and his heart was now pure. I also liked how Snake Eyes wasn't a great warrior yet. In this movie he's still rough around the edges. Storm Shadow was a much better ninja than him. As far as The Clan taking Snake Eyes in at the end. Look he was an outsider, they didn't trust him anyway. When he fought to save the Clan, that was his redemption. Plus it seems he's going to join G.I. Joe in the next one. LOL @ Baroness joining the Good guys, that was funny. The Climax was hard body, loved the fight at the end. I didn't like that Snake Eyes father was a G.I. Joe. Way to on the nose, sorry. I did like that Snake Eyes was an American so they kept that aspect of his background.

Overall they can build off this. The lackluster Box Office was a combination of the Pandemic and Ninja movies being a very niche' genre. Also Yes Snake Eyes is popular but he's not bigger than the Brand of "G.I. JOE". Some casuals may not have known this was a G.I. Joe movie because everyone isn't in their costumes and this is an origin story. The Trailer makes it almost like a Ninja Action movie. You don't see the Cobra Symbol but a few times. I was fine with Snake Eyes talking and being mask less because again this was an origin story. Henry did pretty good in the role but Storm Shadow killed it. I like how it's going to show him eventually losing his voice if there are sequels. I want Snake Eyes to link up with more Joe's in the next one. But Overall I was entertained by it. Again when analyzing a film like this, My bar is pretty simple.....did it feel like the 80's Cartoon, something I watched growing up. And yes it did. That was a dope Episode of G.I. Joe in live action. Unlike the first two movies (Though I liked the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow stuff in those too).

220px-Snake_Eyes_G.I._Joe_Origins_Movie_Poster.jpg