Smile Trailer (2022) Horror Movie

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Triddash trash. Barbarian better. Glad I didn't pay to watch this. The endings to these big budget horrors are pure ass to me.

Horror with no lore just doesn't do it for me, it feels too shallow. If the monster/entity actually had some ancient history (even if it was made up) to it that would've made it better.

This is a good point

Daps
This a good movie. Brother couldn’t act to save his life tho. The concept the overlap with mental illness and possession. Went hard. The child looking out the window shook by the woman going through an episode in the car. That was you as the viewer watching the movie at that point. Really let you know. shyt cray

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed the movie but I didn't get scared by it. I think that's the trailer's fault because the scare with the sister coming back to the car would have probably got me.

Probably top 5 not 3 for me this year. The monster at the end with all the jaws looked really good.

I got most of the stuff that the movie was saying on a "elevated" level. All or most of the people that she see smiling are other people that met the entity and killed their self. The creepiness of a tortured person smiling works very well and if you've seen Pearl you'd see it very well during the end credits. I like that the movie kinda picks up with someone that could have been in their own horror movie trying to do the right thing and get help from a mental health institute. Dr. Girl not being able to help her and then them getting into a horror movie of her own. I don't need an explanation of what the monster is or what it's trying to do. There's plenty of horror movies that don't fully explain what the creature is that causes terror and they're some of my favorite movies.

I think its just fine that she didn't live at the end. I think the movie is more trying to change the way we the viewer looks at people that do commit suicide. You see her fight to live and overcome the being but she can't at the end. Even when she has the option to kill someone to get rid of her trauma she won't do it. Its like this song by System of a Down which was originally titled Self Righteous Suicide

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
It kept my attention, and I didn't want to turn it off halfway thru
Thats a win for a horror movie these days

I didn't know main shorty was Kevin Bacon/Kyra Sedwick daughter till doing research after

6.5/10
Word?!? :ohhh: No I gotta look that up. Ol’ girl didn’t even come off as being that young. She looked like she’d be one of Kyra Sedgwick’s girlfriends going out with her for dinner.

Like, that breh just came off as the type to shack up with some regular nothing-going-on ass White woman, and that’s exactly how she was. I guess dude drew the line at bat shyt crazy:mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man The Film Room really let me down.

Watched this, actually loved it. But that's not the issue. If you cats didn't like it, whatever.

But Cristobal Tapia de Veer did the soundtrack and nobody even mentioned it. :mjcry:

Fred.