Smile Trailer (2022) Horror Movie

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Man The Film Room really let me down.

Watched this, actually loved it. But that's not the issue. If you cats didn't like it, whatever.

But Cristobal Tapia de Veer did the soundtrack and nobody even mentioned it. :mjcry:

Fred.
Have you watched The White Lotus on HBO? He’s the composer for that as well and I didn’t know who was behind the sounds until you brought up his name just now. Really good stuff.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Have you watched The White Lotus on HBO? He’s the composer for that as well and I didn’t know who was behind it until you brought up his name just now. Really good stuff.

Nah but that's also on my radar.

Man I had no idea he did the music for this prior to watching it but I KNEW it was him like half way through.

I would've put a stack on it I was so sure.

Then the credits rolled. :ahh:

Fred.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
This a good movie. Brother couldn’t act to save his life tho. The concept the overlap with mental illness and possession. Went hard. The child looking out the window shook by the woman going through an episode in the car. That was you as the viewer watching the movie at that point. Really let you know. shyt cray

Agree about the acting outside of the main girl was atrocious. The black dude seemed gay and couldn't act straight to save his life.

I liked the movie especially how there wasn't a good ending. Reminded me of Drag me to hell the way it ended for the main character

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Agree about the acting outside of the main girl was atrocious. The black dude seemed gay and couldn't act straight to save his life.

I liked the movie especially how there wasn't a good ending. Reminded me of Drag me to hell the way it ended for the main character

Dude is actually a decent actor (if you watch "The Boys") but half of acting is directing. The director had to have seen his performance in this and been :manny:
so I can't always blame it on the actor.

Over all I think he did ok though. He didn't ruin the movie or anything. But ol girl playing Rose fukking killed it, and was head and shoulders above everyone else in the movie.

Fred.

Daps
Triddash trash. Barbarian better. Glad I didn't pay to watch this. The endings to these big budget horrors are pure ass to me.

Horror with no lore just doesn't do it for me, it feels too shallow. If the monster/entity actually had some ancient history (even if it was made up) to it that would've made it better.
Except “lore” usually makes it less horrifying because it more often than not humanizes the monster/entity. It’s why the unknown is more scary.

The actual horror of this film was really the only redeeming thing about it, to be honest. I think you might have missed the point of the monster if you wanted it to have a backstory.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Just watched this. I enjoyed it more than the barbarian which set itself back by switching up in the middle.

I’m curious tho why some said the ending (to this) was wack?

She waited too late to address her trauma and paid the price. Can still do a sequel with Joel who has just as much info or access to info, regarding the curse, as ole girl

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Kyle Gallner is an underrated Scream King. I remember when Hollywood tried pushing him in a lot of horror films back in the late 2000s and I always shook my head at the fact until I sat down and watched a few of his features. Simply put, the dude is dedicated to the genre.

Thought this project did a much better job utilizing him than the Scream requel, where he was essentially a cameo.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Had high hope for this one, but it was a let down outside of a few scenes.

Did anybody else find the finance to be a completely irrelevant character?