Smile Trailer (2022) Horror Movie

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Creepy as fukk and I like it as a conventional horror movie. Kudos to the director for going all the way with this this :whoo:

Still need to see Barbarian. Had just seen X / Pearl two weeks ago. Horror is having a GOAT year

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My ol lady loved this shyt..... I thought this shyt was mid af. It had everything there to be a dope af movie. This shyt was a slow burn with the horror space out in between. If I didn't see this shyt in Dolby I probably would've went to sleep.

2.5/5 wait for this shyt to hit your local streaming services..

:francis:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Creepy as fukk and I like it as a conventional horror movie. Kudos to the director for going all the way with this this :whoo:

Still need to see Barbarian. Had just seen X / Pearl two weeks ago. Horror is having a GOAT year
Barbarian is FIRE.🔥😍 I'm planning on seeing it again. Definitely my type of horror. Literally twists and turns around every corner.

This movie was good. The thing is, it doesn't move the needle or have a unique plot like Barbarian really. But everything that is there is extremely polished and well done. They just collected a bunch of tropes and made a solid movie of it. The jump scares were meh though. Like we don't need regular ambient sounds being played louder than they usually are, that's so played out. Its on the same level as Malignant I'd say. Also the trailer spoils the best scare in the entire movie smh.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
This was a gem through and through. Love what I’m seeing in these directorial debuts between this and Barbarian. The lead-up to the opening credits had the majority of my theater shook. Masterclass usage with its jumpscares, in large part due to its timing and also the sound design which was so good. By the time I put two and two together on what would come next, it was too late. I jumped….a lot.

Really great acting from Sosie in this, she clearly took after her parents well. Can’t recall the number of times I made the stank face in response to her breakdowns, but that’s how I knew her portrayal did a convincing job.

Creature design actually delivered and will be stuck in my head. The way Rose reacted to the monster stretching its mouth out reminded me of Pennywise and Bev’s encounter in IT: Chapter 1. I legit thought she would explode in response to the incomprehensible, ala a Lovecraft work.

Call me fukked up, but I loved the bleak ending. No sugar-coating at all. There’s such an overwhelming sense of dread throughout the film to where I knew which road it would likely lead down, but I’m surprised (and happy) they double down’d on that closer.

Just saw it last night and I agree with your spoiler comment.