Votes: 5 31.3%
  • OSU Sucks

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Help a breh out...
I just got put onto Flash and Arrow and really enjoying both shows so far.

Is Smallville similar and worth checking out?
The series looks HUGE and I don't know if it's worth the time :patrice:

Smallville basically birthed all the shows you see now like Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, & LoT and I really don't think it gets the credit it deserves at all.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Smallville was too ahead of it's time. 10 years later and it's hailed an al--time great superhero show.

And Jor-El was a evil summab!tch. Tormented his son all because he was jealous of the Jonathan Kent

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
I thought for it's time Smallville was good with the exception of the last 3 seasons like you said. Doomsday should have never been in the series to begin with based on the fact that Smallville was an origin story leading up to Clark becoming Superman. I didn't like how they portrayed Darkseid in last season. Zod should have been after Clark became Superman.

What really pissed me off the most about Smallville was the series finale reveal of "Superman" they just CGI the shyt after 10 yrs of waiting to see Tom Welling as Superman. I still did not understand that. Like did he not want to be seen as Superman on screen?
Yeah I never understood the ending either it was really annoying but if I remember correctly it had something to do with WB

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Smallville basically birthed all the shows you see now like Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, & LoT and I really don't think it gets the credit it deserves at all.
It really doesn't
:heh: I don't think people realize that "Arrow" was originally supposed to be a spin-off of "Smallville" starring Justin Hartley.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
It got bad in its last three seasons but it was good overall

I thought for it's time Smallville was good with the exception of the last 3 seasons like you said. Doomsday should have never been in the series to begin with based on the fact that Smallville was an origin story leading up to Clark becoming Superman. I didn't like how they portrayed Darkseid in last season. Zod should have been after Clark became Superman.

What really pissed me off the most about Smallville was the series finale reveal of "Superman" they just CGI the shyt after 10 yrs of waiting to see Tom Welling as Superman. I still did not understand that. Like did he not want to be seen as Superman on screen?

IMO, the first half of Season 8 is the best stretch of the entire series.

But overall the last 2 seasons are definitely my least favorite seasons of the series.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Long time watcher of it. Definitely one of the most frustrating shows to watch because it was clear the writers and show-runners had difficulty managing a lot of characters, bound by their own restrictions (No flights, no tights, certain DC characters unable to appear) and not seeing storylines through (The number of plotlines and elements they would just drop or pickup without logic or explanation was maddening). And I didnt quite agree with the fans complaints either when they were picking on certain things like specific characters rather than seeing the larger structural issues of season to season narrative

I see a lot of people give it some nostalgia praise now when comparing to the CW Arrowverse and I think that's romanticizing the past a little. I would say a lot of the current DC shows on TV havent done the major mistakes Smallville did (I feel like they have at least a 5 year plan) but I also think a few of them have fallen into the bad habits of just not knowing what to do and sometimes listening to a fragmented fanbase (Arrow especially)
I dont if it really birthed the current run of shows. In some ways it did, in some ways didnt. Definitely these shows were brought on as a replacement to Smallville and expanded but I dont think they've copied their formula and are better for it (Only Gotham is somewhat similar in terms of having to alter their universe introducing villans early because they were bound by their own rules and didnt have confidence in their own vision of an origin story, which Smallville was guilty)

But I would say Supergirl and Flash are probably better than Smallville ever was and I say that as a serious fan of the show