• OSU Sucks

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They get rid of that element after the second or third season.

Oh ok

And so basically he won't be flying around in tights?

So how did this go 10 seasons without the costume?

Was it 10 seasons of them still in HS?

Without flight (which they tease) it's basically Flash with superstrength and xray vision

Bro, I just learned they didn't show the suit until the series finale. I stopped watching when Clark started working for the newspaper cause it got really 'meh' to me. So, no it's not all high school. How did they pull it off? Gosh, idk but I guess I got tired of waiting. I'm still mad they had Cyborg on the later seasons (played by Bow wow, but still.)

The no tights no flight wasn't really a problem cause clark was 14 when it started .( freshman in HS) but the lawsuit hurt the show a lot ... that's why he only flew as Kal .. couldn't fly as clark .. then it resembled superboy which wa another no-no ....

my 15 yr old daughter just binged this after i told her how good it was and because she loved arrow and the flash ... she enjoyed it... then she starting watching Birds of Prey .. which is not as bad as it was perceived

@MartyMcFly ... any comments on smallville and birds of prey

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Btw, is this shyt on netflix?

Watching on Hulu makes it even longer because of dumbass commercials

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
In a spoiler tell us why. I didn't watch that far in m, so I'd like to know

Just all around bad. It got even more cheesy, shoehorned Lois into everything, abandoned the mythology and no Lex or Lionel.

John Glover when Lionel was going
around pretending to be blind
:russ::russ:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Just all around bad. It got even more cheesy, shoehorned Lois into everything, abandoned the mythology and no Lex or Lionel.

John Glover when Lionel was going
around pretending to be blind
:russ::russ:
Damn I remember all that shyt. That's why I stopped watching. I fukkin hated how they forced Lois. Like who is this bytch?? And why should I care that she is Lois Lane?? I just didn't like her character. I guess cause I watched Lana constantly curve Clark, i grew used to her him taking L's ultimately to Whitney (a guy named Whitney? Seriously?) but idk how he was written out... Anyway, I do remember the 'blind' Lionel storyline...

And I don't remeber how Lex was written out either...

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
You probably only have to watch the first 2 episodes of each season and the sweeps episodes to get any overall Superman mythology. Anything in between was filler. Sweeps episodes happened in November, February and May and were followed by breaks in the seasons. Just go down the episode list and find where the season breaks occurred and back up 4 episodes or so...

Yeah usually last 2 eps of a season and then ep 1 of the following season were the best

Daps
Loved Smallville. Definitely one of my favorite show out of any show I've ever watched. The first show I've ever got hooked on.

First 3 seasons(Pete days) was my favorite just off character development alone. Season 4-5 being the show's peak.

The only thing I wished they would've done differently was end the cat & mouse game between Clark & Lana & made them a couple much sooner. They dragged that along for way too long.

Louis could've been left out as well. I always thought she was an unnecessary part of the show. Plus you cant make on screen chemistry outta thin air.:camby:

Michael Rosenbaum was the best lex ever. Once he left, the show didn't have the same feeling.

I did like the whole Zod storyline as well as the cameos from different superheros.

Some people might not wanna admit this, but smallville was kind of the catalyst for these other superhero shows to be made possible.:manny:

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Loved Smallville. Definitely one of my favorite show out of any show I've ever watched. The first show I've ever got hooked on.

First 3 seasons(Pete days) was my favorite just off character development alone. Season 4-5 being the show's peak.

The only thing I wished they would've done differently was end the cat & mouse game between Clark & Lana & made them a couple much sooner. They dragged that along for way too long.

Louis could've been left out as well. I always thought she was an unnecessary part of the show. Plus you cant make on screen chemistry outta thin air.:camby:

Michael Rosenbaum was the best lex ever. Once he left, the show didn't have the same feeling.

I did like the whole Zod storyline as well as the cameos from different superheros.

Some people might not wanna admit this, but smallville was kind of the catalyst for these other superhero shows to be made possible.:manny:

And on top of all of that, it was the perfect rendition of a modern-day Superman. He doesn't have to be dark and brooding, he was an outcast, a wholesome, honorable kid/man in a corrupt world. If they needed a blueprint for today's times, watch Smallville.

Who was more vicious, Lionel or Lex?

Daps
And on top of all of that, it was the perfect rendition of a modern-day Superman. He doesn't have to be dark and brooding, he was an outcast, a wholesome, honorable kid/man in a corrupt world. If they needed a blueprint for today's times, watch Smallville.

Who was more vicious, Lionel or Lex?

:jbhmm:

I think it's Lionel. Dude hired a killer to kill his parents, treated Lex like pure crap, tried to finesse his way into a relationship with Martha, manipulated Lana to marry lex, etc:hhh:

I feel like lex does a lot of the same things, but he tried to be the good guy for as long as he possibly could before he realized that he couldn't escape his dad`s footsteps.:yeshrug:

I got more sympathy for Lex because he's just a product of his environment. Even when he was trying to be a good guy, his intentions was always coming into question. Dude was fighting an uphill battle to win people over.:francis:

No sympathy for Lionel tho. Can't be mad at Lex for killing him. Dude was a scumbag:ehh:

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
It got bad in its last three seasons but it was good overall

I thought for it's time Smallville was good with the exception of the last 3 seasons like you said. Doomsday should have never been in the series to begin with based on the fact that Smallville was an origin story leading up to Clark becoming Superman. I didn't like how they portrayed Darkseid in last season. Zod should have been after Clark became Superman.

What really pissed me off the most about Smallville was the series finale reveal of "Superman" they just CGI the shyt after 10 yrs of waiting to see Tom Welling as Superman. I still did not understand that. Like did he not want to be seen as Superman on screen?