Small purchases that improved your life

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
any particular reason you didn't just purchase a pre-built one?
Did a lot of research and looked pictures of the desktops in real life and wasn’t happy with what I was hearing about quality of the wood. Buying the desktop separate afforded me better quality in the end and it looks a whole lot better too. Also if I wanted to drill into it (which I might in the future, was thinking of mounting my monitors to the desk with positional arms to really free up desk space) this butchers block could support all sorts of weight differences and take some damage without cracking like the cheaper wood would.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Did a lot of research and looked pictures of the desktops in real life and wasn’t happy with what I was hearing about quality of the wood. Buying the desktop separate afforded me better quality in the end and it looks a whole lot better too. Also if I wanted to drill into it (which I might in the future, was thinking of mounting my monitors to the desk with positional arms to really free up desk space) this butchers block could support all sorts of weight differences and take some damage without cracking like the cheaper wood would.

:ehh:

I may do a DIY build too. How much was the butchers block?

we may need a separate thread for purchases that are over $100.

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How long does a candle last usually? I love my incense, but if there's an easier, cheaper way, I'm all for it
The liquid never 'disappears' so unlike incense/candles, you never get a clear sign that it's time to change the wax melt. What happens is eventually, the smell just becomes weaker and I decide to supercharge the smell w/ a new wax melt. One wax melt can last me a few weeks if I just cut it on for 1-3 hours every other day or so.

Price wise, I don't think there is any comparison. You will spend more up front for the wax melter, but the wax melts are more efficient in terms of cost & strength of smell. There are lots of places to buy them but I got some from Walmart sells 4-packs of 6 melts for ~$9. That works out to like $0.25/melt. I grabbed some Cedar & Lavendar ones from the clearance section of Ross For less for like $4 too. That was just a one pack, but the cubes were 2x as thick as the Walmart ones.

Maybe it is because I look online for wax melts, but there are a lot of different smells available too. It feels like there are more than candles, but that could just be because I would previously just grab candles at discount department stores and they always just had Vanilla or Fresh Baked Cookies as options lol. With wax melts, I am able to find smells that in my head are less feminine (although there's nothing wrong with that).

Last edited:

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:

I may do a DIY build too. How much was the butchers block?

we may need a separate thread for purchases that are over $100.
The 4ft across butchers block was $105 iirc

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
81x-jp5JTRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This can opener. Looks goofy. Every person I showed it to says "WTF, how does this work?" but as soon as they use it:
:whoo:
:ohhh:
:wow: where do I get one?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
bought some pumice stones for $8 and worked up a sweat scrubbing the soles of my feet. Seeing and feeling the outcome:gladbron:

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Pumice-Stone-Callus-Remover-Scrubber/dp/B07R6JZRS1/

LkxS9JU.png

I read you could use sand paper rated less than 220 or you'll break skin with higher ones.

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
Invest in quality cooking utensils - especially pots (Le Crueset dutch oven) and pans (All Clad), cart iron skillet (many are good, Field, Lodge, grandma's) and knives (Wusthof, Henckels, Japanese) and learn how to maintain them. It will make you want to cook for yourself.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
ZKhMS3oFN91q5G5QvgxEekuCP6Yuozuqx17vN6Knwx2wn1ndKPegdQ0giq6_gbRVN6s

:wow:A must in 2020 and beyond. I used to go :ld: at the thought of a VPN, but it makes a huge difference especially security wise and since I'm on my international steez, it's a must to check what's cracking over the States from my tree while hating ass joeys trying to knock me out of my shyt:ufdup:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002VWJZ8S/ref=cm_cr_othr_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8#immersive-view_1602207126061

I don't have anything extra on my mobile browsers. I use Chrome and Brave.
Yo I ordered one of these off the link you dropped and they sent me 2 :ohhh:

I don't have Amazon Prime and I double checked my account I was only charged for 1 :ohhh: