Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
deleted my post cuz it is somewhat inaccurate...they do still have to hit a minimal goal to get funding but there is no incentive to excel beyond that
That’s fukked up that they have to hit a goal to get funding anyway. It’s one of the reasons my mother retired when she did. She said they couldn’t even teach anymore becuz the whole goal was to get kids ready for the state test

Daps
She makes good points. School systems don’t even care anymore whether kids are actually getting educated or not as long as those state wide test scores look good.
I don’t think she makes good points. She should care how her students perform, not call them lazy. The job of an educator is to teach, inspire, grow and learn so that they are prepared for the world.
Reading levels and test scores matter. It’s not the end all be all but for the most part, those who cant read or perform tend to have a poorer life.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
this is a loaded topic because there are so many levels the education system is failing at

First is the funding. Schools are funded by taxes of their neighborhoods so obviously wealthier areas have better schools. This leads to overcrowded classes, outdated textbooks and under paid teachers

The curriculum The history and information taught is so whitewashed it's ridiculous. These kids would be more excited to learn and read if the curriculum reflected more subjects and people relatable to them

Life Skills- Financial literacy/credit and life skills such as home buying and taxes are not taught which would equip students with the tools needed to break generational curses