FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So to simple minded nikkas Clips won to smart nikkas Lux won.

You nikkas need to go ahead with shyt. Lux shyt wasn't that complex:manny:

Honestly they both could have been better but don't make it seem like shyt was just flying over nikkas head.
Say you think Clips won but don't act like Lux didn't go over nikkas head because he clearly did.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Tay rock fans quiet as hell on the net today :mjlol:

Watching the hype deflate is just a thing of beauty :blessed: only so long fake thugs can pretend had tay tay squeeling and losing a vessel in his throat he was so much in his feelings, great when the great hype can mark out the overhype :salute:

Now maybe nikkas can get off the fan favorite shyt and get back to judging nikkas on they bars and performance and not judging battles viewed on youtube like they in the building too.

Up next: the shotgun suge hype train comes to a complete halt :blessed: can't keep getting wins cause he pocket checked and pushed somebody. Somewhere in all this lyrics and bars have to count
fukk is you talking about? Cal was talking that shyt but Roc still won 2-1. Good showing for both emcees.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Lux is saying shyt that went over peoples heads..and in that moment in time y'all are confused as to why people saying Clips won?
If it went over their head as soon as they heard it, that means it didn't connect with that person listening.

thewave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tay rock fans quiet as hell on the net today :mjlol:

Watching the hype deflate is just a thing of beauty :blessed: only so long fake thugs can pretend had tay tay squeeling and losing a vessel in his throat he was so much in his feelings, great when the great hype can mark out the overhype :salute:

Now maybe nikkas can get off the fan favorite shyt and get back to judging nikkas on they bars and performance and not judging battles viewed on youtube like they in the building too.

Up next: the shotgun suge hype train comes to a complete halt :blessed: can't keep getting wins cause he pocket checked and pushed somebody. Somewhere in all this lyrics and bars have to count

Y2T75Kz.jpg

Atleast you tried :mjlol:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nikkas don't want to admit bars went over their heads because it makes them feel like we're saying they're stupid. So instead they become defensive and go overboard "shyt ain't go over my head it was trash. No bars SON"

Well, it did go over your head no matter how much you hate to admit it. Bars go over my head too sometimes. A lot of it has to do with references. If you don't understand the reference you can't get the line. That's why Dragonball Z lines go over my head.

thewave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas don't want to admit bars went over their heads because it makes them feel like we're saying they're stupid. So instead they become defensive and go overboard "shyt ain't go over my head it was trash. No bars SON"

Well, it did go over your head no matter how much you hate to admit it. Bars go over my head too sometimes. A lot of it has to do with references. If you don't understand the reference you can't get the line. That's why Dragonball Z lines go over my head.

I understand everything he said, he lost the 1 round. 2nd round lux was solid throughout, clips started off and then got weak and he ended it with two terrible bars. and then lux took off in the 3rd while not only clips was rapping all over the place but it was long as shyt too

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Lux is saying shyt that went over peoples heads..and in that moment in time y'all are confused as to why people saying Clips won?
If it went over their head as soon as they heard it, that means it didn't connect with that person listening.
My complaint isn't it going over people's heads. My complaint is people not admitting to it. I don't care if you like simple or funny shyt. Hell Tay Roc and Suge are in my top 5 right now. But see that's preference. I like straight forward shyt but gangsta/hardcore straight forward shyt. I don't like corny/jokey straight forward shyt like Clips does.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y2T75Kz.jpg

Atleast you tried :mjlol:

Those polls are garbage though. At least 10,000 fans saw the battle, those 1500 votes on the URL page could have come from anywhere, might be a bunch of 8 years old for all we know.

Not coming at you, but I don't see why fans of Calicoe or Tay Rock would be disappointed with this battle. It was a dogfight. Roc has been giving us a show back to back to back. If you have Calicoe 2-1, cool. Welcome back Cal. But can we be confident you can put Cal in front of ANYBODY and he will give us a quality performance? Naw. But you can put Roc on every damn card.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No doubt playa... He was kicking that Keith Murray type of shyt..... :heh:

Keith Murray's raps don't make nearly as much sense when transcribed as Lux's do. They also don't connect from bar to bar in the same way. Keith is imaginative and fly with the words, but sometimes he's borderline nonsensical. It works on a track, not sure it will come off well in an acapella battle. Damn near everything Lux says makes complete sense, the only knock I see is that his delivery may not be engaging enough for some. That's fine though.
I will admit that Lux did mispronounce "Schizophrenic" in a very Keith Murray-ish way :lolbron:, but that's about it for that comparison. I have such high standards for Lux, little things like that bother me.
But anyway, I'm not even trying to argue who won anymore, just pointing out how Keith isn't a strong comparison.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Yeah that Uber app shyt was weak to me. And I guess Drake/Q.Miller lines are the new "Heat/ring back-to-back" . And since it's predictable, of course Clips said it too.

BTW, that "Mac 11/Uzi 2004" shyt Tay Rock said made noooo sense. But he said it with a a lot of conviction so people thought that it did, per usual

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that Uber app shyt was weak to me. And I guess Drake/Q.Miller lines are the new "Heat/ring back-to-back" . And since it's predictable, of course Clips said it too.

BTW, that "Mac 11/Uzi 2004" shyt Tay Rock said made noooo sense. But he said it with a a lot of conviction so people thought that it did, per usual

His mac is 11 years old. Lol