"Sleight" Starring Jacob Lattimore (Movie Discussion Thread)

basedlawd

Banned
Daps
Saw an ad for this movie on Snapchat with the lead actor talking about it. Dude was straight up wearing lipstick and eye makeup like it was normal.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It has its faults but overall I thought it was a dope flick. I believe more can be done with the science aspect of it in a sequel:manny:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
did he smash
Off camera

Movie was a nice matinee but ultimately forgettable. The lead actress's acting was wooden at first but after a reveal, it got a lot better. The villian initial motivation was suspect, but I let it slide because it was only a matter of time before he saw the protagonist as a threat.

Most of the special effects don't happen until the last thirty minutes, so that chronical/iron Man/staticshock thing is way off. You'll be disappointed like collosal.

I gave collosal high points for showing realistic portrayal of women and that great opening scene. There is actually something unrealistic that happens in the movie, but I'll put that in spoiler tags
so this black chick next door who couldn't find a bra or shirt that fit, knows you're getting money and she not going to throw the pu$$y at you, she just gonna let this Mexican slide thru while she babysits, come on Dogg, and don't give me the age difference, I've had chicks twenty years older than me throw the p*ssy at me.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I thought exactly the opposite. I love Dule, but thought he was pretty terrible in this.
He was hit and miss, I think he was an uppity negro who towed the line between gangster and gentleman, missing the mark on both.

would probably got fukked up if they had to face a real threat

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't get the critic hype for this. Netflix on a Saturday afternoon at best for me. The lead dude is very charismatic. Not familiar with his work but I have no problem with him carrying the film. The cinematography, lighting (i.e. low lighting at times which seemed natural was cool. But the main villian acting turned me off. Yeah, he was tough talking but he just didn't convinced me. He was overacting. Now, with all special ability films, you have some unrealistic stuff. But with this film, I just didn't get why he didn't use his special abilities to his advantage more. Niguh was a drug dealer, so what rules did he have to follow. He had one "crisis" where he could easily solved with his ability. But this niguh stress out, when he could have easily used his power to manipulate. Just didn't make sense. The pacing was ok but to be honest, I checked my phone alot. Which is not a good sign. His girl was straight at acting though. Overall, it's nothing to be rushing to see. It had it moments with "action" which at times caught me off guard. But other then that, its eh.
Jacob latimore is a singer. IMO Duke hill wasn't convincing to me as a drug kingpin. Guess I'm just use to his other roles.