"Sleight" Starring Jacob Lattimore (Movie Discussion Thread)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So this is a coli no?

Should I just save my money and watch the Cams on the free Xbox 1 movie app?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't get the critic hype for this. Netflix on a Saturday afternoon at best for me. The lead dude is very charismatic. Not familiar with his work but I have no problem with him carrying the film. The cinematography, lighting (i.e. low lighting at times which seemed natural was cool. But the main villian acting turned me off. Yeah, he was tough talking but he just didn't convinced me. He was overacting. Now, with all special ability films, you have some unrealistic stuff. But with this film, I just didn't get why he didn't use his special abilities to his advantage more. Niguh was a drug dealer, so what rules did he have to follow. He had one "crisis" where he could easily solved with his ability. But this niguh stress out, when he could have easily used his power to manipulate. Just didn't make sense. The pacing was ok but to be honest, I checked my phone alot. Which is not a good sign. His girl was straight at acting though. Overall, it's nothing to be rushing to see. It had it moments with "action" which at times caught me off guard. But other then that, its eh.

I'm noticing a trend where critics rate films based on expectations more and more.

They saw that the film had ties to WWE and immediately expected it to be a train wreck, and because it isn't they gush over it.

Conversely that movie "The Circle" has a bunch of actors that critics love so they were expecting some epic shyt and since it didn't deliver they're shytting on it.

Hell, look at all the Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 reviews and how many of them basically boil down to "It's not as good as the first one".

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Don't get the critic hype for this. Netflix on a Saturday afternoon at best for me. The lead dude is very charismatic. Not familiar with his work but I have no problem with him carrying the film. The cinematography, lighting (i.e. low lighting at times which seemed natural was cool. But the main villian acting turned me off. Yeah, he was tough talking but he just didn't convinced me. He was overacting. Now, with all special ability films, you have some unrealistic stuff. But with this film, I just didn't get why he didn't use his special abilities to his advantage more. Niguh was a drug dealer, so what rules did he have to follow. He had one "crisis" where he could easily solved with his ability. But this niguh stress out, when he could have easily used his power to manipulate. Just didn't make sense. The pacing was ok but to be honest, I checked my phone alot. Which is not a good sign. His girl was straight at acting though. Overall, it's nothing to be rushing to see. It had it moments with "action" which at times caught me off guard. But other then that, its eh.

This ish was ehhhhhhhhhh at best. I should've went to see my homie Jeff Daniels last movie.

I will say that the lead was straight and his little sister was too. The GF didn't really have much to other than be support system. Dule should stick to playing good guys. It's straight to video status. Check this ou when you ran out of options.
Yall summed it up perfectly. This shyt was just...dull. There were some high tension moments that just weren't intense, and because those moments weren't so high the low moments just made out feel like a drag tho watch. And Dule and his crew wrote absolutely awful. That nikkas menace was non-existent. Horrible casting and he played the role bout as bad as you could play it, on some real cornball shyt.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
crazy the coli not feeling it but my dude martin from double toasted liked it a lot. Gave it a low full price
Yes. I was totally shocked. Especially him liking that generic villain. Just dont get it....