Sleeping with the TV on.

PabloPuede

MAMN
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NY
well im on some 2013 shyt so i frequently listen to podcasts if i have trouble sleeping. its usually just conversational tone without large changes in volume like what will often happen with tv, movies, or music. i mostly just listen to the comedy podcasts but thats cause i love to laugh and have funny dreams. also the are usually only an hour or 2 long so it just shuts off and you dont have to wake up and turn off the tv.

I like this podcast alternative. Always have the TV on to sleep, but trying to break the habit. TV watches me more than I watch TV.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I started sleeping with the TV on, when I moved out.

Wasn't use to being in a place by myself.

I have always been an paranoid person anyway :yeshrug:

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:what: :scusthov: @ grown men needing tv and night lights to go to sleep.

Take care of your body. Eat properly, at least 3 meals. Be active. Your body will program itself to rest if you maintain a routine.

"The night is dark and full of terrors" :to:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta have some light. i do the tv, but then i dont because of utility and i'm frugal. I go to sleep with the timer on tv, but key to me staying asleep is little light. I only lived in apartment usually two floors up from the ground floor, so i like to sleep with blinds open. and the light coming thought them. Shyt is therapeutic for me and paradise.

TV light is too bright depending on the station. When i had comcast, i used to do the music choice channels at night. love that shyt. way better than radio, because its on a concentrated genre. Last time i slept with the radio, I kept waking up to YMCMB songs :gag: throughout the night

semtex

:)
Daps
:scusthov: :scusthov: :scusthov: :scusthov: :scusthov: :scusthov: :scusthov: :scusthov: how the fukk does anyone do that? Pitch blackness and the sound of a fan :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I prefer silence but I often times do it because ill watch something to unwind and fall asleep without realizing it :russ: then some scene from a show or movie blends into my dream in that half asleep half awake state

Nothing like having a dream where you think God is yelling at you only to wake up to Samuel L Jackson is yelling at someone in a movie or something.

-P-

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Funny this thread was made because the power went out on my block last night. Took me forever to fall asleep in complete darkness/no sound. Eventually, the power did come back on. I turned my TV back on, out in minutes. :laugh:
Normally in a situation like this I would leave my laptop on since I'd have a couple of hours of battery life but I tried sleeping without anything. shyt was painful. :sad: lol

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My wife does this. I can actually sleep in silence but she can't. My oldest daughter does it too. but my youngest sleeps in silence with no problem.

sometimes the tv is distracting. when that happens, I just find some kinda documentary on history on demand and I will go to sleep like a baby.