Sleeping with the TV on.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
I didn't have a TV in the bedroom growing up so I grew up used to the darkness. However, I feel that I fall asleep much quicker when I have some sort of music, movie, show.

My mind wanders too much for me to comfortably sleep without the TV on. When I was younger I would stay up tossing and turning in my bed for hours at a time imagining events that had played out that day, or the next day. Sometimes I would just lay there and think about the most mundane and boring things ever. Think about every kind of debate that you can have with someone as a child: religion, sports, politics that I could understand, issues, dreams, aspirations, future, plans, how to make money. Etc etc. It was brutal at times. I'd get so frustrated that I was still up hours after laying my head down.

I've had radio/music on while falling asleep since I was 14 or 15, and TV on since I was 18 or 19.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If you NEED something, most times that is an addiction, in this case it is.

You should try the sleepy time tea. And never lay in bed trying to fall asleep, that's a fools move. Just get up and go for a walk.

Also do you feel like having a tv on or radio effects the way you think and your sleep as well?

I tried that tea
I find tea disgusting so I'd let it cool down and guzzle it
I was told to drink it slowly but didn't care for it
I have sleeping issues and I've tried the taking a walk thing
I tried the exercising before going to bed
I tried warm showers and reading
Only thing that lets me relax is the tv on
I guess it's a comfort thing

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If im sleeping alone than yeah my tv is on with the timer set so I won't have to wake up and cut it off. Don't really know why other than a force of habit. I have to be real drunk or high to just lay down and fall asleep. Like dude said I have a wandering mind and silence is not my friend. Im starting to think it' s not healthy though. Cuz everytime I have ever stayed overnight with a chick, she falls asleep first and im laying in bed in an unfamiliar house basically just laying in the dark and wishing for sleep. I've actually had the timer on half sleep and then the tv turns off and that wakes me all the way up.

I found something that helps me in that situation
I make up a rhyme
Could be about anything
I actually made one once about a booger chasing my little sister and I'm trying to publish it
I just say a random line and repeat the line and add another rhyming line
And continue the process until I can fall asleep
Might take an hour but it beats the alternative
I don't rap but I find rhyming easy and it's helps

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I found something that helps me in that situation
I make up a rhyme
Could be about anything
I actually made one once about a booger chasing my little sister and I'm trying to publish it
I just say a random line and repeat the line and add another rhyming line
And continue the process until I can fall asleep
Might take an hour but it beats the alternative
I don't rap but I find rhyming easy and it's helps

Then i'd just be up all night reciting words. Fa real though some people can fall asleep with no ease at anytime but others like me just can't.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Then i'd just be up all night reciting words. Fa real though some people can fall asleep with no ease at anytime but others like me just can't.

Yea I can't stand that shyt
My girl closes her eyes and she's sleeping in less than a min
I'm up all night with my mind wandering

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm constantly falling asleep with the TV on. sometimes i try and put the sleep mode on so it will turn off eventually. gotten used to it. can't fall asleep if it's pitch black.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope, cant do this. everything has to be off when i sleep

but i do wake up early & have Mike and Mike playing while i'm half awake/half sleep

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
When i was in college i did this all tue time. I always put it on qvc so i could hear a woman's voice.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
way too much light in the room with it on, how the hell do people do this?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I like to have a little noise in the background (i.e. a main street from a few blocks away ) cause I grew up in a neighborhood like that but I can sleep in total silence though. Just don't have the room too warm. When I vacationed with my friends from GA to PCB during spring break though, they HAD to have the TV on to go to sleep.

They didn't have cable at their place back home so they would have DVDs of shows on play all to do so. Then again, they did work graveyard at their jobs so their sleeping patterns were erratic :manny:

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I like to have a little noise in the background (i.e. a main street from a few blocks away ) cause I grew up in a neighborhood like that but I can sleep in total silence though. Just don't have the room too warm. When I vacationed with my friends from GA to PCB during spring break though, they HAD to have the TV on to go to sleep.

They didn't have cable at their place back home so they would have DVDs of shows on play all to do so. Then again, they did work graveyard at their jobs so their sleeping patterns were erratic :manny:

That's the crazy shyt with me
I can't fall asleep to DVDs
I know it's gonna end
I need live programming

Daps
:what: :scusthov: @ grown men needing tv and night lights to go to sleep.

Take care of your body. Eat properly, at least 3 meals. Be active. Your body will program itself to rest if you maintain a routine.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing I might sleep with is motivational podcasts however, I want complete darkness & complete silence