Sleeping with the TV on.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Only tv tho, I cant listen to music when I fall asleep. I end up concentrating on the music and not falling asleep :ld:

shyt like talk radio is cool too, I just like the white noise.

I once stayed in the country at my aunts house w/ no tv or anything in the room and couldn't sleep for shyt. The crickets and dead silence kept me up :ld:

Crickets are the worse cause its fukking random
And it leaves u anticipating it
fukking annoying
And dead silence is deafening

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Yeah, but why?

That makes sense but do you think it's good for you?

it isnt bad i dont do it every night but sometimes if you cant go to sleep it is good to have the background noise going on as a distraction so you arent just thinking about how you cant fall asleep.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What about them 1 hour sounds of the beach joints, yaw ever fall asleep to those?

Tried that but focused on finding when it repeats
Once I found it I knew what was coming and it wasnt natural
I hate repetitive shyt

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't feel like I'm addicted
I just need something to focus on
My mind wanders too much
Even with the tv on
But it makes it easier
I wouldn't be able to sleep without it
Eventually I'd pass out but might take 8 hours

Most people with addictions don't feel like they're addicted either, right?

You know that could be because you've lived with TV on your whole life, it's hard to concentrate or focus when you're used to things getting delivered to you at the speed of a tv.

Have you laid in bed for 8 hours and tried to fall asleep without it? Honestly, it sounds ridiculous to lay in bed for 8 hours anyway. But when you can't sleep they say it's best to go take a walk or have a cup of tea.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Only tv tho, I cant listen to music when I fall asleep. I end up concentrating on the music and not falling asleep :ld:

shyt like talk radio is cool too, I just like the white noise.

I once stayed in the country at my aunts house w/ no tv or anything in the room and couldn't sleep for shyt. The crickets and dead silence kept me up :ld:
I use fans for white noise.. shyt is :ahh: status..something about the hum of the fan calms me down and gets me :dead:

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
As weird as it is it's more quiet with the t.v. on

when it's nothing I'm I think, and think and keep on thinking so much that I can't sleep

with the t.v. on it does the thinking for you, it lets your mind rest and that bright ass light is more peaceful than pitch black darkness

I'm also someone that can go to knockout sleep mode when the fan is on me

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
it isnt bad i dont do it every night but sometimes if you cant go to sleep it is good to have the background noise going on as a distraction so you arent just thinking about how you cant fall asleep.
You ever try counting backwards instead of focusing on how you can't sleep?
Tried that but focused on finding when it repeats
Once I found it I knew what was coming and it wasnt natural
I hate repetitive shyt
Ohhh I never noticed.
:yeshrug: Its just a habit. I be watching tv then I just fall asleep. Only time I sleep with the tv off is if I come in the house super late and Im real tired
What if you limited yourself. 30 minutes of TV and then sleep. Or no tv in your room. I have 1 in my room but don't turn it on, no cable. But it seems like a room should have no tv in it.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Most people with addictions don't feel like they're addicted either, right?

You know that could be because you've lived with TV on your whole life, it's hard to concentrate or focus when you're used to things getting delivered to you at the speed of a tv.

Have you laid in bed for 8 hours and tried to fall asleep without it? Honestly, it sounds ridiculous to lay in bed for 8 hours anyway. But when you can't sleep they say it's best to go take a walk or have a cup of tea.

I think most people who are addicted know there's a problem
I don't need the tv
I need the noise
Something to focus on
It could be the tv, radio or people talking
Many times I have laid in bed 8 hours without falling asleep
I don't drink tea and have tried it when I was dealing with anxiety
Don't think it helped tho

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Used to do it when I was young but I had to stop when the tv shows made my dreams weird. One night I fell asleep watching The Shield dvds, next thing I'm asleep dreaming that I'm a member of the Strike Team with Vic Mackey and crew busting in mexican gang bangers houses planting dope on dem falsely arresting them. next thing I know Vic wanting me to shoot a undercover cop investigating the Strike Team but I didn't want to do it so Vic and the crew tried to kill me... my ass woke up never falling asleep with the tv on again since.

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
Once I realize I'm having a hard time falling asleep, it's a wrap. I'm gonna spend hours worrying about falling asleep. Especially if I have to wake up early in the am. I hate that shyt.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think most people who are addicted know there's a problem
I don't need the tv
I need the noise
Something to focus on
It could be the tv, radio or people talking
Many times I have laid in bed 8 hours without falling asleep
I don't drink tea and have tried it when I was dealing with anxiety
Don't think it helped tho

If you NEED something, most times that is an addiction, in this case it is.

You should try the sleepy time tea. And never lay in bed trying to fall asleep, that's a fools move. Just get up and go for a walk.

Also do you feel like having a tv on or radio effects the way you think and your sleep as well?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If im sleeping alone than yeah my tv is on with the timer set so I won't have to wake up and cut it off. Don't really know why other than a force of habit. I have to be real drunk or high to just lay down and fall asleep. Like dude said I have a wandering mind and silence is not my friend. Im starting to think it' s not healthy though. Cuz everytime I have ever stayed overnight with a chick, she falls asleep first and im laying in bed in an unfamiliar house basically just laying in the dark and wishing for sleep. I've actually had the timer on half sleep and then the tv turns off and that wakes me all the way up.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Used to do it when I was young but I had to stop when the tv shows made my dreams weird. One night I fell asleep watching The Shield dvds, next thing I'm asleep dreaming that I'm a member of the Strike Team with Vic Mackey and crew busting in mexican gang bangers houses planting dope on dem falsely arresting them. next thing I know Vic wanting me to shoot a undercover cop investigating the Strike Team but I didn't want to do it so Vic and the crew tried to kill me... my ass woke up never falling asleep with the tv on again since.

I used to watch educational shows like on history channel
And I felt I learned while sleeping

Now I watch discovery id
It's mostly about solving murders
But it doesn't effect my dreams