Slaimon's Thoughts (Official Thread)

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I dont think divinity is judged by linguistics. What im saying is that the concept I communicated may be interpreted as the same as something else when in reality It is not. Im not trying to fool anything. God god god god god...:manny:

Nah brother, I'm not attacking you. I know you're a smart dude and philosophy head, I just find it interesting how some use semantics in this manner towards a supposedly all knowing being. It strikes me when others have said that spelling out god in its entirety is almost offensive to god because of labeling, but aren't they labeling god by assigning emotions and preferences to he/she/it?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Nah brother, I'm not attacking you. I know you're a smart dude and philosophy head, I just find it interesting how some use semantics in this manner towards a supposedly all knowing being. It strikes me when others have said that spelling out god in its entirety is almost offensive to god because of labeling, but aren't they labeling god by assigning emotions and preferences to he/she/it?

Didnt take it as an attack.

I dont agree with those people necessarily, specifically because they would then be saying the Torah is offensive because the entirety of the letters is the Name..supposedly..

Outside of that, labels or assigned characters have to happen directly or via Word otherwise It becomes no longer to the mass consciousness anyway. Me myself, I dont really ascribe many attributes to It so my G-d may be potentially different than someone elses. Even the hyphen in itself has value not just as a negation of letter.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
For instance G-d denotes a higher likelihood of an embedded concept of the unnameable than does God..though they may be the same or the opposite depending on the perceiver.

I guess. Not to me though.

If I see 4X=8, I know that X=2 and that the statement is equivalent.

"A higher likelihood of an embedded concept of the unnameable", as you put it, seems like trivial probabilistic odds when we are supposedly talking about the perception of an all knowing being friend.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I guess. Not to me though.

If I see 4X=8, I know that X=2 and that the statement is equivalent.

"A higher likelihood of an embedded concept of the unnameable", as you put it, seems like trivial probabilistic odds when we are supposedly talking about the perception of an all knowing being friend.

If i see 4x=8, im going to ask of what? Real numbers? Bananas? Planets?

Equivalence =\= equal to. 2 is the probable answer. Not the answer.

An all knowing being? Then, in my opinion, nothing is trivial. Particularly if there is a collective consciousness..which makes every thought important. My concept of God incorporates a collective consciousness.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
If i see 4x=8, im going to ask of what? Real numbers? Bananas? Planets?

Equivalence =\= equal to. 2 is the probable answer. Not the answer.

An all knowing being? Then, in my opinion, nothing is trivial. Particularly if there is a collective consciousness..which makes every thought important. My concept of God incorporates a collective consciousness.

I see. Then if god incorporates a collective consciousness, than omitting a symbol when you consciously know what concept your are defining by typing that word seems very trivial.

I don't subscribe to the collective consciousness thing anymore, so no need to go on further since we are into two very different camps.

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
But isn't the Devil immune to hellfire? and why can't god throw him into the hellfire now? why does he have to wait?

The Devil is not immune to the hellfire. The Devil will feel the pain of the hellfire as well. God allowed the Devil to live 'till the Day Judgement as that's what the Devil asked for. As you can see, God is the Most Merciful.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The Devil is not immune to the hellfire. The Devil will feel the pain of the hellfire as well. God allowed the Devil to live 'till the Day Judgement as that's what the Devil asked for. As you can see, God is the Most Merciful.
If the devil causes all the bad in the world isn't God just a dikk then for letting him live?

Slaimon Khan Shah

Daps
Reppin
God punishes evil people? For some reason I think the OP might be Muslim, so this might not apply to his beliefs, but isn't God merciful? Can't a sinner be forgiven for those sins? So isn't it possible that someone we might view as evil (a murderer, for example) ultimately go to Heaven? Mercy is a suspension of justice.

God is The Most Merciful, but God is also severe in punishment. There is Paradise and there is the Hellfire. God will decide who dwells in Paradise and Hellfire even a murderer will be in Paradise (I think one who killed 99 or 100) people.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
God is The Most Merciful, but God is also severe in punishment. There is Paradise and there is the Hellfire. God will decide who dwells in Paradise and Hellfire even a murderer will be in Paradise (I think one who killed 99 or 100) people.

Well, if God allows a mass murderer into Paradise, he doesn't punish all evil people, now does he?

Slaimon Khan Shah

Daps
Reppin
Well, if God allows a mass murderer into Paradise, he doesn't punish all evil people, now does he?

God knows best who deserves to be in Paradise and who deserves to be in the Hellfire especially at an individual level. The people in the hellfire deserve that, because God does not make any mistakes. If you've sinned even killed someone you should repent because God loves those who contstantly repent. Don't give up hope.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
God knows best who deserves to be in Paradise and who deserves to be in the Hellfire especially at an individual level. The people in the hellfire deserve that, because God does not make any mistakes. If you've sinned even killed someone you should repent because God loves those who contstantly repent. Don't give up hope.

So not repenting is the only thing God won't forgive?