Skyler White hate

Do you hate Skyler White?

• Total voters

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Marie was a better parent to Holly then Walt and Skyler and she was ride or die for her husband, plus her kleptomania was a disorder. I enjoyed her character a lot.
I enjoyed all the characters, and they played their roles perfectly. I just found Marie to be very cold and judgemental. Always meddling where she doesnt belong and trying to micromanage everything. Did she even have a job? She was hassling Walt so he told her about the affair, and suddenly she feels bad for him...and her forcing Skylar to tell Junior about everything was unacceptable. She's extremely selfish and unaware of the boundaries and feelings of others

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I enjoyed all the characters, and they played their roles perfectly. I just found Marie to be very cold and judgemental. Always meddling where she doesnt belong and trying to micromanage everything. Did she even have a job? She was hassling Walt so he told her about the affair, and suddenly she feels bad for him...and her forcing Skylar to tell Junior about everything was unacceptable
Yah. Marie was a lab technician. Marie definitely wasn't cold but she was judgemental, but she really did care for everyone. And it was damn time for Junior to find out, so I supported her on that. As far as she new Walter was about to be arrested and everything would come out so she wanted him to hear it from Skyler. One of her best features is her dedication, it was so touching how she stood by Hank through all of the crap he gave her. But I hated her meddling.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Fuk Skyler & Jesse :pacspit:
:rip: Heisenberg :damn:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
She was by no means an angel, but I don't get the hate either. nikkas act like she cheated on THEM

You can list all the negative things she did and Walt's outweighs her, by far. Walt getting in to drug dealing without her consent is farrrrrrrrr worse than anything Skyler did.
Years later, it’s more that they just hate women.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
1 i hate skylar and every scene shes in from beginning to end

2 i applaud that actress she did a helluva job. When u cn haye a character so much n really believe and feel da hate that is tru acting and becoming that role

3 i hate her and the writing for her cous every decision she made, made absolutely no sense and no1 wldve made those same series of decisions in real life.

How u so smart wit accounting n da books but fall for stupid teds shyt over n over again. How cn u trust da man who screwed over ur husband. Even b4 walt turned u shldve had his back. As a good women. U cnt turn down da money. Refuse to take it as if ur honourable now when b4 u were luving juicin da books for ted and jucing da car wash n shyt. U enjoyed lying to hank n shyt but then now u reject da loot. If u really a good woman n care bout ur kids n wanna keep em safe wldnt u take da money for them at least.

In real life either u helpin ur man n then takin da money n dipping after or u standing on principles da entire time n not gettin dirty. It made zero sense to pick n choose when to be honourable especially when u chose to be honourable when it screwed u and ur kids. But was dirty for nuthin but spite n shyt later.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Skylar deserved the hate ONCE she went back to Walt after getting an out. She divorced his ass, was home free, and went BACK to the man?!!?

That proved Skylar was just as rotten as Walt, she just wanted to tip toe around the shyt, but ain’t no such thing as a halfway crook, once your in your IN.

Skylar was a hypocrite. The WORST kind of hypocrite. The kind of hypocrite that rationalizes her actions under the guise of “victimhood”. Her own therapist told her “Take the kids and get outta dodge” but she felt like she could in some way do the shyt better than Walt. We gonna buy the carwash. We gonna launder the money like this. We gonna bail out Ted. We gonna say you have a gambling addiction. Besides the Ted shyt, NONE of what she contributed was under duress.

She wanted it just as bad as Walt did but only wanted to get her hands dirty on a surface level. Skylar wasn’t built to be a ride or die but tried to have it both ways.

THATS why the audience hates her.

Skylar seasons 1-2 is understandable. She truly had no idea what was going on. Fair. But from season 3 onwards fukk Skylar

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Skylar deserved the hate ONCE she went back to Walt after getting an out. She divorced his ass, was home free, and went BACK to the man?!!?

That proved Skylar was just as rotten as Walt, she just wanted to tip toe around the shyt, but ain’t no such thing as a halfway crook, once your in your IN.

Skylar was a hypocrite. The WORST kind of hypocrite. The kind of hypocrite that rationalizes her actions under the guise of “victimhood”. Her own therapist told her “Take the kids and get outta dodge” but she felt like she could in some way do the shyt better than Walt. We gonna buy the carwash. We gonna launder the money like this. We gonna bail out Ted. We gonna say you have a gambling addiction. Besides the Ted shyt, NONE of what she contributed was under duress.

She wanted it just as bad as Walt did but only wanted to get her hands dirty on a surface level. Skylar wasn’t built to be a ride or die but tried to have it both ways.

THATS why the audience hates her.

Skylar seasons 1-2 is understandable. She truly had no idea what was going on. Fair. But from season 3 onwards fukk Skylar
Every time y'all bring this up you keep leaving out the scene where Walt reveals that he paid for both the house bills and Hank's medical bills with his drug money, thus implicating her and the rest of the family into his operations? That's the whole reason she started laundering his money

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Pretty sure Sklyer is what spawned Ozarks. Someone somewhere was like "ugh, what if we made a show from this angle instead of the played out angry wife trope''.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Every time y'all bring this up you keep leaving out the scene where Walt reveals that he paid for both the house bills and Hank's medical bills with his drug money, thus implicating her and the rest of the family into his operations? That's the whole reason she started laundering his money

So you either LEAVE him, follow through with the divorce and use that as proof you weren’t aware of his criminal activities and once you WERE you bounced and the reason you didn’t tell was because you feared for you and your kids lives

OR

You go BACK to the man whom you supposedly hate his activities and…HELP HIM BUILD HIS CRIMINAL EMPIRE AND EVADE THE LAW FURTHER.

Again, Sky had options, if she was truly revolted by Walt’s dealings then the first option is the wildly better option. You’re conveniently forgetting that prior to the murder of Gus Fring, Skylar actually knew very little about Walt’s doings. She knew he was cooking and dealing drugs and she knew he was making lots of money. There was a lot of plausible deniability on her part if she cut out like she was supposed to and took the kids and bounced.

BUT

She wanted that money. She wanted to “help” Hank and Marie using WALT’S MONEY. She wanted to buy the carwash, mostly in vengeance to stick it to the a$$hole owner. She wanted to help Ted. She wanted the LIFE she thought fast money got her even though she KNEW what Walt was doing was illegal. She wanted to tip toe around the shyt and have a “conscious” when shyt went left.

Again, from the moment Skylar returned to Walt she was a hypocrite. And she deserved what happened to her.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Skyler inserted herself into Walt's meth business...not long after she claimed to be so afraid of the danger.

It wasn't until Walt stopped simping, called her bluff and signed those divorce papers like a boss.

Skyler: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Can we at least talk about this?" :comeon:

It would have been sweet if she popped up at Walt's condo unannounced (as she has done).....only to have some hot brunette answer the door while wearing one of his button-ups on some "He went out to get some eggs for breakfast".

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I commented on this thread years ago but since it got upped I'll say more.

The writers kinda painted themselves into a corner with Skyler because on the one hand, they didn't want her to be the "oblivious wife" trope....like, I dunno, "Dexter" or something....but at the same time she found out Walt's secret relatively early in the series (season 2 finale, voiced her suspicions in the season 3 premiere) so she really only had two options:

1. Turn him in, which means the show is over.

2. Ride with him fully.

And the writers didn't really have her do either, which is where the hate comes from.

Skyler inserted herself into Walt's meth business...not long after she claimed to be so afraid of the danger.

It wasn't until Walt stopped simping, called her bluff and signed those divorce papers like a boss.

Skyler: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Can we at least talk about this?" :comeon:

It would have been sweet if she popped up at Walt's condo unannounced (as she has done).....only to have some hot brunette answer the door while wearing one of his button-ups on some "He went out to get some eggs for breakfast".

I can't say I agree with all this.

She did willingly help him (laundering the money) but by Walt's own admission Skyler thought dude was some kinda lab rat geek....basically Gale....which he encouraged. When he had already killed multiple people at that point.

So nah, she shouldn't have gotten involved at all but Walt misled the fukk out of her, as far as how deep in the game he was.

Fred.