Skilla Baby Dismisses Eminem As Detroit’s Best

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Why do Big Sean not get the respect he deserves?

Why do Danny Brown not get the respect he deserves

Serious question: Why do it feel like Detroit hate all they rappers that made noise and constantly want to big up nikkaz that's only popping in they back yard?
Detroit doesn’t hate Elizhi ,Royce or Eminem :skip:

people show them love and shyt ..it’s just that they was never that guy in the city . Sean was that guy when he was active though.

For one people shouldn’t compare Detroit to other cities when it comes to hip hop..we had our own thing going on with House/techno and the fallout from that. When Em,Royce and them was on the come up they didn’t have to fight local rappers for local attention…they had to deal with the local Ghettotech/Ghettohouse nikkas ….Here when you wanted to get a party jumpin or the Radio DJ had a local mix Ass-N-Titties,Godzilla ,Sex on the beach …or some shyt in that vein was getting played. Not em,Royce or some Dilla Mix

when that shyt faded away that’s when Detroit started paying attention to local rappers and that’s where you get the love for Blade/Street Lordz ,Eastside Chedda Boyz etc…and not for the rippity rap nikkas like Guilty Simpson ,Elzhi or Black Milk.They gained popularity outside of the city .

Detroit values authenticity..which may seem weird nowadays..So the nikkas locals got behind were nikkas they could really go out and touch..problem is those same nikkas was really about that street shyt so they had to deal with what came with it ,so nationally nobody here could pop off local support until now . Which is why Detroit is finally getting a little run and you have these rappers saying what they are saying..they not trying to discredit or disrespect nobody..they just saying the truth

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ITT: a whole bunch of lames who never been to the blackest city in america:francis:

I been saying the same thing on this site for years but yall fakkits dont listen:francis:

you will never hear em played at any function, party, club, titty bar, kickback, family reunion, cook out, baby shower, barbershop, gender reveal or graduation party:manny:

you will never hear his music blastin out of somebody car riding down 7 mile:manny:

You more likely to hear blade icewood in any of those circumstances and he died in 05:wow:

Local one hit wonders like Drunken master are more likely to get play than em :mjlol:

None of these new nikkas is in a rush tryna remake or sample old em songs like that but Kash Doll got nikkas to float on this Detroit classic on some friday night cypher type shyt

Hilarious watching Eminem stans get in they feelings when folks been telling them for years:mjlol:. Black people in general aint bumping Eminem like that,why act suprised its the same in Detroit. I grew up in the bay,then the midwest. But every Detroit cat I met knew all the same bay area rappers I had grew up on. And i just remember alot of collabs between the bay and detroit. I met a few cats who really loved B Legit as much as me lol. Last I checked Eminem aint spitting no game,Eminem aint saying no hard shyt,and his sound:francis:?

Certain cities just have a strong pimp culture due to history. So cats are going to be a little bit cooler,talk a little slicker than in your average city. So if you not slick at the tongue,spitting game,and you come off as corny?and you not representing the city authentically? You probably not getting play. Its just a higher standard in certain regards.

Em never seemed like he tried to appeal,so I dont see how folks could be mad at Detroit anyway. In what way was he repping in style,sound etc? Detroit hands down is the best region at the moment,and they keeping it regional. See alot of biting going on now,so its finally catching on. Hope some people from that city really get to blow up before outsiders do off that style.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
I’m sure this young man will ejaculate all over himself if he met Eminem face to face, just like OP ejaculated on himself while posting this thread. I’m baffled when these guys get a buzz and feel they have to shyt all over the one person who brought the attention to Detroit.

Skilla baby has approx 2.1M monthly listener's on Spotify. Eminem after almost 25 years in the game has almost 80M listeners, and can pretty much sell out any stadium worldwide if he wants to. One of these things is not like the other. This young man is entitled to his opinion, but the mentality he has about seeking acceptance from Detroit will be the reason why only Detroit will listen to his music.

Funny how he’s going viral for his comments about Eminem and not for his own music.
Eminem brought attention to his crew in Detroit, not the whole city.

And this is where the disrespect comes in.

Most Detroiters feel like Eminem didn’t rep the city enough. Big Sean repped us right but he doesn’t have that Detroit sound.

EastsideRio

Daps
Reppin
People who ain't from or never lived in Detroit wouldn't understand I was there in the late 80s/90s

Em, Royce and Elzhi are seeds of the 1st generation Detroit Hip-Hop movement (Which was amazing but 99% east coast influenced)

That movement died out almost completely in the mid 90s (other than "the hip-hop shop") only a few artists made
it nationwide from that era Robert S. in the 80s (who Rakim dissed and wasn't really from Detroit (Grand Rapids) but repped it) and two female rappers Boss(who went to the west coast) and Tam Rock (who went east)

The Detroit Hood rap sound is from the late 90s/early 2000s thats the official sound of Detroit

Eminem is respected but he never "blew up" in Detroit, nor did cats like Royce, Elzhi, Slum Village ect.

Nationwide they did but Detroit is DIFFERENT its its own world for real

Eminem and Elzhi are like princes of a lost kingdom they have almost nothing to do with the current hood rap era we in right now as talented as they are in Detroit they are almost complete non-factors

Eminem being "the best" doesn't make any sense.....how is the best somebody who 90% of the city never cared about
in the 90s or now

Detroit Hip-Hop, and Detroit Hood Rap are two completely different things entirely
That ain’t necessarily true either. But I kinda get what you’re saying.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Eminem brought attention to his crew in Detroit, not the whole city.

And this is where the disrespect comes in.

Most Detroiters feel like Eminem didn’t rep the city enough. Big Sean repped us right but he doesn’t have that Detroit sound.
For all his faults, I can't cosign this. I didn't know jack shyt about Detroit besides Motown and car manufacturing until Royce, Em and D12. Who the hell else was signing Obie Trice? It's starting to sound like salt becase they didn't put the whole city on payroll on some Hammer shyt.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I always say ask the Detroit Youngins...

They do NOT name Eminem in they list at all.

Only white people Fck with him like that
:yeshrug:

EastsideRio

Daps
Reppin
For all his faults, I can't cosign this. I didn't know jack shyt about Detroit besides Motown and car manufacturing until Royce, Em and D12. Who the hell else was signing Obie Trice? It's starting to sound like salt becase they didn't put the whole city on payroll on some Hammer shyt.
Once again, he put HIS TEAM on, not the whole city. Nor did he rep the city as much as Detroiters think he should have.

This is the result.

Em didn’t really pay attention to groups in the city until Trick Trick came home from the joint in 2003/04.

I don’t blame Em but he hasn’t really had interaction with any other Detroit rappers. When everybody around you has relationships with artists in the city.
Royce has, Bizarre has, Trick Trick has.

Proof was the MAN in Detroit, after he got killed that would’ve been the perfect time for Em to fw local talent, but he didn’t until that Big Sean Freestyle Friday track.