Skilla Baby Dismisses Eminem As Detroit’s Best

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Ot one mention of Royce m or Boldy, but he named a bunch of n1ggaz the world don't care about. Noted

I shoulda know this fejket was the OP :snoop:
The world does not give a fukk bout no Royce lol. Never did. Peak 42 dugg is 10 times bigger in the world. And has made way better music

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People who ain't from or never lived in Detroit wouldn't understand I was there in the late 80s/90s

Em, Royce and Elzhi are seeds of the 1st generation Detroit Hip-Hop movement (Which was amazing but 99% east coast influenced)

That movement died out almost completely in the mid 90s (other than "the hip-hop shop") only a few artists made
it nationwide from that era Robert S. in the 80s (who Rakim dissed and wasn't really from Detroit (Grand Rapids) but repped it) and two female rappers Boss(who went to the west coast) and Tam Rock (who went east)

The Detroit Hood rap sound is from the late 90s/early 2000s thats the official sound of Detroit

Eminem is respected but he never "blew up" in Detroit, nor did cats like Royce, Elzhi, Slum Village ect.

Nationwide they did but Detroit is DIFFERENT its its own world for real

Eminem and Elzhi are like princes of a lost kingdom they have almost nothing to do with the current hood rap era we in right now as talented as they are in Detroit they are almost complete non-factors

Eminem being "the best" doesn't make any sense.....how is the best somebody who 90% of the city never cared about
in the 90s or now

Detroit Hip-Hop, and Detroit Hood Rap are two completely different things entirely

vino

Superstar
Daps
there’s a long list of Detroit rappers that get more play than Em in Detroit, to be honest. I like Em earlier work but a lot of people in Detroit listen to other Detroit artists.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sure this young man will ejaculate all over himself if he met Eminem face to face, just like OP ejaculated on himself while posting this thread. I’m baffled when these guys get a buzz and feel they have to shyt all over the one person who brought the attention to Detroit.

Skilla baby has approx 2.1M monthly listener's on Spotify. Eminem after almost 25 years in the game has almost 80M listeners, and can pretty much sell out any stadium worldwide if he wants to. One of these things is not like the other. This young man is entitled to his opinion, but the mentality he has about seeking acceptance from Detroit will be the reason why only Detroit will listen to his music.

Funny how he’s going viral for his comments about Eminem and not for his own music.

Last edited:

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People from Detroit keep saying this, it can't be that the whole city is "hating"...
Who is the whole city though? Didn’t T-Grizzly and Soda Baby and a couple others start copping pleas after meeting Eminem/begging him to reach out to them?
In my opinion, they don’t have access to Eminem and I think that right there is the issue.
Have you not seen the crowd reactions when he comes out as a surprise guest at concerts in Detroit?

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who is the whole city though? Didn’t T-Grizzly and Soda Baby and a couple others start copping pleas after meeting Eminem/begging him to reach out to them?
In my opinion, they don’t have access to Eminem and I think that right there is the issue.
Have you not seen the crowd reactions when he comes out as a surprise guest at concerts in Detroit?

I have not

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
EM and Royce was never like that in the city …when they was in their primes Blade was that nikka here ..and it wasn’t close

Eastside Chedda Boys was more poppin

Tone Tone
Stretch money
Team Eastside
DBCO
Vezzo
Cash Kidd
Kash Doll

All got more play IN the city than Em and Royce at times..this is where that “Detroit Sound/Flow” comes from ..

Sean was probably the first mainstream nikka that truly had the city

Then you have the newer generation that are 10000% more listened to

7 mile to Belle isle was far more influential than TLR or 106

Last edited:

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
Like when? A quick Google shows he made surprise appearances at an Ed Sheeran concert and a 2023 50 Cent concert. The Detroiters going to an Ed Sheeran concert aren't the ones Skilla Baby is referring to when he says "Nobody in Detroit listens to Eminem."

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like when? A quick Google shows he made surprise appearances at an Ed Sheeran concert and a 2023 50 Cent concert. The Detroiters going to an Ed Sheeran concert aren't the ones Skilla Baby is referring to when he says "Nobody in Detroit listens to Eminem."
Albeit not recently, but let us not forget when he popped up at Drake and Big Sean’s concert.

Skalla and the fans that listen to him are the reason why he only has 2.1M monthly listeners on Spotify, and the exact same reason why he’s going viral for making a comment about Eminem.. The mentality of trying to appease the hood is the reason why these guys never reach their true potential.