Six years later…

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
120 shrines throughout the world, with some being puzzles in and of themselves.
Enemy outposts with loot and weapons.
Hyrule Castle is a dungeon.
The Divine beasts(dungeons).
Side quests(could’ve been fleshed out better).
Mini boss battles.
Memories.
Korok seed puzzles.
General exploration.

You may not have been interested in it but “nothing to do” isn’t accurate.
The problem I have with BOTW is that 99% of what you listed is inconsequential. As a Zelda game, it failed IMO.
They deviated way too far from the formula. I need Zelda to have 7 complex dungeons each with a critical item/weapon that I need to proceed to the next dungeon and defeat the next boss. I need a strong narrative running throughout the missions.
They completely missed me with the lack of direct story, lack of dungeons, lack of meaningful items/weapons. The game is packed to the brim with side content. It takes everything wrong with open world games and increases it exponentially.
To get the most out of it you essentially have to go in and treat it like a game akin more to Portal than Zelda. I keep hearing about the 100 puzzle shrines and the crazy physics and tricks streamers do.
I just wanted dungeons and unlock able weapons and boss weaknesses…you know…like pretty much every other Zelda in existence.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The problem I have with BOTW is that 99% of what you listed is inconsequential. As a Zelda game, it failed IMO.
They deviated way too far from the formula. I need Zelda to have 7 complex dungeons each with a critical item/weapon that I need to proceed to the next dungeon and defeat the next boss. I need a strong narrative running throughout the missions.
They completely missed me with the lack of direct story, lack of dungeons, lack of meaningful items/weapons. The game is packed to the brim with side content. It takes everything wrong with open world games and increases it exponentially.
To get the most out of it you essentially have to go in and treat it like a game akin more to Portal than Zelda. I keep hearing about the 100 puzzle shrines and the crazy physics and tricks streamers do.
I just wanted dungeons and unlock able weapons and boss weaknesses…you know…like pretty much every other Zelda in existence.

Oh you didnt think collecting 1000 korok seeds was compelling gameplay :skip:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Oh you didnt think collecting 1000 korok seeds was compelling gameplay :skip:

Come on, brotha’. Nobody said it was compelling, but it is something to do in the game, and it’s also the only way to upgrade inventory space. It’s a passive activity.