Silicon Valley Season 4 Discussion Thread

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
not what I expected w/ the fridges...thought dinish's crazy ex would've had a hand in the finale.

This guy fukks...wonder what Jared was doing though :ohhh::lolbron:

I have a feeling next season Gavin will find out what Rich tried to do, and that'll be PP's next downfall.

Sad to see Elrich go, sorta fitting though.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The finale was kind of depressing, actually.
The fridge thing was really a "Deus ex machina". It's not like there are enough $14,000 fridges in the wild to replace all the hooli phones that received the update.

One thing, though...
I think they're all bluffing with the "Bachman will never be back" talk. Some of Miller's comments that were taken seriously were CLEARLY sarcastic, e.g.:

I don’t know how smart [Alec] is,” Miller continued. “He went to Harvard, and we all know those kids are f*cking idiots. That Crimson trash. Those comedy writers in Hollywood are f*cking Harvard graduates and that’s why they’re smug as a bug…I think that in television you usually have one element that is very challenging, very frustrating. It’s an obstacle, right? So you’re doing the best work that you can do. Alec was that for me, and I think I was that for Alec

They're trying to make it look like he's burning his bridges, but I doubt it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Meh.

Pretty forgettable season. Show is really struggling for a reason to exist at this point.

I think I'm done with it unless they announced next season is the last. I just can't watch the same loop play out over and over anymore it's beyond tedious.

5/10

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Meh.

Pretty forgettable season. Show is really struggling for a reason to exist at this point.

I think I'm done with it unless they announced next season is the last. I just can't watch the same loop play out over and over anymore it's beyond tedious.

5/10
yea i don't think it's terrible, but def seems like they're struggling to find good ways to hold on at this point. the writing is always clever, but that doesn't mean the overall story is compelling.

i actually thought this season finale could've been a good end to the show anyway...but it wouldn't have ended on a great note because the season itself was sub par.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Last couple seasons have been shaky but ill watch this til the end
Same here. I'm a big fan so I'll continue to watch but it just seems like the plot isn't going anywhere. They just keep relying on the same motif of them getting things partially there and then everything goes to shyt. Someone else buys the company or injects some investment and we're back to square one.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same here. I'm a big fan so I'll continue to watch but it just seems like the plot isn't going anywhere. They just keep relying on the same motif of them getting things partially there and then everything goes to shyt. Someone else buys the company or injects some investment and we're back to square one.
The constant detours and roadblocks were somewhat forgivable due to the amazing banter/writing. But with Erlich gone, this looks like its missing something :francis: