Silicon Valley Season 4 Discussion Thread

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The show is still funny but man I think it's getting a bit played that they keep failing and accomplishing nothing.
That's the whole point. Do you really want to watch these idiots succeed? It wouldn't be a show. It's a parody of Silicon Valley that's a lil bit on the nose. Only thing I don't like about the show is Richard. Everyone else is great.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
That's the whole point. Do you really want to watch these idiots succeed? It wouldn't be a show. It's a parody of Silicon Valley that's a lil bit on the nose. Only thing I don't like about the show is Richard. Everyone else is great.
Yes I get that but it's on the 4th season now. They really can't run that trope for another 2+ seasons or however many seasons this show is supposed to last.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
They a followed the "Girls" formula of having an insufferable lead character. While most of the crew is funny as fukk, Richard is made out to be an egotistical a$$hole most of the time and he's only supposed to be funny with physical humor in some whacky scenes :francis: It's Season 4 already, he should show a little bit more growth imo.

They are gonna go in to HooliCon with a plan. They are gonna find a way to be successful 10 minutes into the episodes. Then everything will ger ruined somehow up until the last scene were they'll luck into a solution that will keep Pied Piper afloat :dead:

I'm amazed how much I like this show considering how fukking formulaic it is. Binge watching helps but I think it's because the crew is so fukking funny :pachaha:
I'm tired of everyone shytting on richard, he is PURPOSEFULLY ANNOYING. this is OFFICE SPACE MILLENNIAL ADDITION. THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SHOW. they even promoted it as such, thats the soul reason I was so anxious for it, besides mike judge being a genius

Like the tech guy who works for hooli showing people the ropes, he is dull and boring. This is even going back to the Bevis and butthead and king of the hill days

Did hank ever grow? hank stuck to his beliefs

None of his shows and movies are about growth, they are about situations and hilarious quirks about people

If yall know anything about mike Judge, this show is probably the most brilliant one in his catalog of shows.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm tired of everyone shytting on richard, he is PURPOSFULLY ANNOYING. this is OFFICE SPACE MILLINIAL ADDITION. THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SHOW.

Like the tech guy who works for hooli showing people the ropes, he is dull and boring. This is even going back to the Bevis and butthead and king of the hill days

Did hank ever grow? hank stuck to his beliefs

None of his shows and movies are about growth, they are about situations and hilarious quirks about people

If yall know anything about mike Judge, this show is probably the most brilliant one in his catalog of shows.

My main point is having an annoying lead character makes it less enjoyable to watch. Richard self sabotaging everything they do becomes tedious when he's never funny :manny:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD

One of the 'Silicon Valley' stars opens up about his costar's sudden exit from the show

• Jun. 22, 2017, 5:10 PM
  • FACEBOOK
  • LINKEDIN
  • TWITTER
  • EMAIL
  • he had left the show last month after its fourth season.

"It’s very, very sad that he’s leaving," Nanjiani told INSIDER on Tuesday. "It’s gonna be slightly weird, because that was sort of the core group of people. We were there in the pilot together."

Miller, the actor and comedian who plays the blundering alpha male Erlich Bachman in "Silicon Valley," told Entertainment Weekly that he left because he's looking for a change of pace.

“I would love to do 'The Emoji Movie' and things like that and have the time to develop animated features," Miller said. "I would love to continue to be involved with it, if only because fans really do enjoy the show, and they seem to enjoy the character. But ultimately, I just have to make more things and different things.'"

But his departure means that the dynamics of "Silicon Valley" will have to change. Bachman is one of the original cast members. He runs his startup incubator out of his house, aka the "Hacker Hostel," the Palo Alto-area home where Richard Hendricks, the main character of the show and founder of Pied Piper, lives. Miller's abrasive comedic style was one of the show's highlights.

silicon1502.jpg
    The "Silicon Valley" crew. HBO

Nanjiani said that he's not sure where "Silicon Valley" will go from here. Plot-wise, the actor said that he's unsure what will become of the Hacker Hostel, and who will maintain ownership of it now that Erlich is gone.

"It’s very sad, because I don’t get to see T.J. anymore," Nanjiani – whose film, "The Big Sick," opens in limited release on Friday, said. "We won’t get to see Erlich. Maybe he’ll come back. I don’t know."

In an interview with TheWrap, Miller said he felt his character felt repetitive, and he wanted to take more creative risks.

"The show is the same thing over and over," Miller said. "I guess it’s a formula that works, but [the heroes] succeed, and then they fail, and then the failure turns into success. It’s a very cyclical show."

Nanjiani agrees that a show like "Silicon Valley" can "get settled into familiarity" after four seasons, but he thinks the show still has its spark.

"The show’s been pretty good about putting all their characters into different positions every season," Nanjiani told us. "The power dynamic is gonna be different, because [Erlich] was weirdly like our boss. We lived in his house."

Read the original article on INSIDER. Follow INSIDER on Facebook. Copyright 2017.
Looks like he agrees with yall

Last edited:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
:jbhmm:The funny thing is, TJ miller is the same fukking character in every fukking role he is in. if anything, this show showed me more of his acting range and wit than ANY of the other bullshyt he is in.

I'll be watching some of his other works with a very critical eye:leostare:, because he's just another seth roganesque acter to me

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Well well...Richard is slowly transforming into a shark, and thats what he'll need to survive in the cut-throat world of silicon valley. The next season should be them leaving Earlich's incubator behind for good and moving on up and having a lil bit of money. See how it changes their characters and lifestyles

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
It's always darkest before the dawn :wow:

Pied Piper scrapes by again, with the assist from smart fridges of all things :skip:

Gavin seeing the news about Jack Barker and getting his spot back :mjgrin:

Ol boy finding about Richard smashing his fiance :lolbron:. That's 3 times it's happened to him :mjcry:.